João Félix

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Gave a beauty of an assist + a goal in his 20 minute cameo. (Didn't watch the game since he wasnt in the starting 11)

Gave a beauty of an assist + a goal in his 20 minute cameo. (Didn't watch the game since he wasnt in the starting 11)

The goal from him was a mistake by the goalkeeper but what a knuckleball with his weak feet and the assist for Costa was just a beauty.
He will be very important for Atletico this season but 120 mio are too much though.

Last edited:

Donatello

The goal from him was a mistake by the goalkeeper but what a knuckleball with his weak feet and the assist for Costa was just a beauty.
He will be very important for Atletico this season but 120 mio are too much though.

He is 20. If he contributes half of Griezmann's last season G+A tally, I'd call it success.

This guy has shown he has all the tools necessary to be a top player. He fits in this Atletico side very well, and is doing great in fulfilling that void left by Griezmann. Also, his understanding with Costa looks good already.

clemente

Have a feeling Atletico will stomp on la liga this year, looking scary in pre-season, I cannot believe Simeone actually playing more entertaining football than us under Smeagol, I can see them getting CL too, they seem very complete.

Have a feeling Atletico will stomp on la liga this year, looking scary in pre-season, I cannot believe Simeone actually playing more entertaining football than us under Smeagol, I can see them getting CL too, they seem very complete.

So now Atletico are going to win everything? First it was Madrid that this forum was terrified of with their 5 new 'world class ' players, now it's Atleti. Calma Calma folks.

vlad

Okay, place a bet, earn some money.

clemente

So now Atletico are going to win everything? First it was Madrid that this forum was terrified of with their 5 new 'world class ' players, now it's Atleti. Calma Calma folks.

Madrid? They are garbage, I never said a word about them, Atletico looks actually positive and going towards a very good direction. They were already breathing on our neck last 2 seasons on the table, so will be interesting to see what happens now when imo their team is looking even better.

Okay, place a bet, earn some money.

I can't praise a team without having to bet money on them? Go keep complaining about Messi walking instead of telling me who to bet on.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Atletico looks actually positive and going towards a very good direction. They were already breathing on our neck last 2 seasons on the table, so will be interesting to see what happens now when imo their team is looking even better.

What? They look better based on the pre-season friendlies or what? You can use pre-season friendlies for anything, imo. No one knows the teams conditions before the competitive games start.

Better team, let's evaluate:
Biggest leader + club legend Godin is gone
Biggest goalscorer and often MVP Griezmann is gone (to direct competitor)
Proven defensive solidity and quality in Rodri (DM) and Hernandez (CB) is gone

Portuguese league bets in Felix (CF) and Felipe (CB), with Felix even being a youngster
Llorente is a good buy, but hasn't proved at the level af Rodri yet.
Other fullbacks/centerbacks are also question marks, maybe besides Trippier.

All in all: It is very likely that Atletico will have way more ups and downs and less consistency this season than the last 2. Consistency is what gives you league titles, so I would guess that it is more likely they put up less of a fight than the last 2 seasons. CL is also waaay too early to predict, we haven't even seen the teams play yet!

You are right though, that they have been competitive the last 2 years, and therefore people generally underestimate our league titles those years, tbh.

What? They look better based on the pre-season friendlies or what? You can use pre-season friendlies for anything, imo. No one knows the teams conditions before the competitive games start.

Better team, let's evaluate:
Biggest leader + club legend Godin is gone
Biggest goalscorer and often MVP Griezmann is gone (to direct competitor)
Proven defensive solidity and quality in Rodri (DM) and Hernandez (CB) is gone

Portuguese league bets in Felix (CF) and Felipe (CB), with Felix even being a youngster
Llorente is a good buy, but hasn't proved at the level af Rodri yet.
Other fullbacks/centerbacks are also question marks, maybe besides Trippier.

All in all: It is very likely that Atletico will have way more ups and downs and less consistency this season than the last 2. Consistency is what gives you league titles, so I would guess that it is more likely they put up less of a fight than the last 2 seasons. CL is also waaay too early to predict, we haven't even seen the teams play yet!

You are right though, that they have been competitive the last 2 years, and therefore people generally underestimate our league titles those years, tbh.

Agreed. Bar Felix they are weaker all around. But they can still challenge only if Felix continues his fine form all through the season. Which is not that unlikely as Felix is a true special talent

vlad

Madrid? They are garbage, I never said a word about them, Atletico looks actually positive and going towards a very good direction. They were already breathing on our neck last 2 seasons on the table, so will be interesting to see what happens now when imo their team is looking even better.

I can't praise a team without having to bet money on them? Go keep complaining about Messi walking instead of telling me who to bet on.

I just find it funny how you concluded how they will dominate la liga and look strong in CL based on 2 pre season matches

kattanib

I just find it funny how you concluded how they will dominate la liga and look strong in CL based on 2 pre season matches

And I just find it funny how a person cannot have a differing opinion in this forum. If you ask me, I would say that Atletico can definitely win the league this season as they have a hungry team that plays collectively following a solid strategy placed by a solid manager.

Home of Barca Fans