João Félix

kattanib

I was mocked by many here when I said he is a better option for us over Grienmann.

Him being with ATM means he won't join Real, but our board keeps fucking relationship with other clubs that we used to have a solid relationship with.

He doesn’t suit our playing style. Where would you play him?

He is a player that needs a bit of space and will run from the middle .. not tiki taka CM nor a Barca winger (our wingers are either tiki taka or runners) .. in place of Suarez then? Could be but we are yet to see if he is suitable to play as a finisher number 9 (Diego Costa type of player)

Devils

Thats the problem, lets hope that at least De Jong wont be victim of Valverdes tactics :lol:

He's already ruined Dembele, Arthur, Semedo and Alena.

His next victims are definitely De Jong, Firpo and Todibo.

Valverde is and always will be a piece of shit.

Donatello

He doesn’t suit our playing style. Where would you play him?

He is a player that needs a bit of space and will run from the middle .. not tiki taka CM nor a Barca winger (our wingers are either tiki taka or runners) .. in place of Suarez then? Could be but we are yet to see if he is suitable to play as a finisher number 9 (Diego Costa type of player)

Same can be said about Griezmann, still we brought him.

And answering to your question, he can played as a AM, or a winger, or a false 9. The possibilities are endless because he is very versatile. In fact, he is thriving at Atletico is a testament to that, because Atletico play completely different while compared to Benfica.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I was mocked by many here when I said he is a better option for us over Grienmann.

Him being with ATM means he won't join Real, but our board keeps fucking relationship with other clubs that we used to have a solid relationship with.

Yeah man, I was saying the same thing. I wanted him more than Ney & Greiz combined bc he could play both positions with ease. Oh well, maybe we will get him later on but this dude alone is going to be a serious threat to our La Liga prospects this season.

de Jong is the signing of the summer imho, but this is probs 2nd. Masterstroke by El Cholo. Would be funny if he outscores Greiz & Luis this season.

Leo_Messi

It was obvious that he was a special talent but after having watched him for Benfica a few times my inclination (based on most of the hyped up players from the Primeira Liga in recent years and their performances after leaving Portugal and Benficas monopoly in the Portuguese media and their tendency to hype everyone of their homegrown talents) was to wait 1 season for him to continue where he had left and for him to show similar heights for the national team. Judging by his pre-season (which granted is not saying much in the wider picture) I might have been wrong and he might be ready to replace Griezmann immediately. Will be very interesting to see if he will live up to the hype and follow in the footsteps of Torres, Agüero, Griezmann etc. Curious how Simeone will cope with a more offensive philosophy if he implements such a style given that the old spine of the team is gone.

Anyway his arrival is great news for the league.

Trust me he will give Atletico more than the big-matches- invisible Griezmann.

Yes, as if Griezmann has not scored multiple times against Barça, RM and numerous European giants and not carried Atlético offensively since 2014 almost single-handedly.

The same Griezmann that was the best player for France during the last World Cup that they won. Joint top scorer as well of the tournament. Scoring and assisting in the final. Ok. The guy that knocked us out of the QF in the CL in 2016 and later Bayern in the CL semifinal. But, but he missed a penalty due to hitting the crossbar in the second half of the final (scored during the penalty shootout) so he is a flop, lol. Won the Europa League with Atlético as well being the fundamental player and scoring in the final.

Was the main player for France in 2016 (top scorer as well) as well when they reached the EURO final. Only bad luck prevented them from winning it and for Griezmann scoring in another final.

Griezmann is the real deal. Not some hyped up giant flop like Coutinho with a few months of good football behind him in Liverpool (back when they were mostly irrelevant and winning nothing) or an unknown (despite my pro-Dembélé bias as I still have hopes in him succeeding in the right environment for us) in Dembélé. Should be lightyears ahead of Suárez in the pecking order next season if Malmierda has any sanity left.

Do I smell a troll here?

Last edited:
It was obvious that he was a special talent but after having watched him for Benfica a few times my inclination (based on most of the hyped up players from the Primeira Liga in recent years and their performances after leaving Portugal and Benficas monopoly in the Portuguese media and their tendency to hype everyone of their homegrown talents) was to wait 1 season for him to continue where he had left and for him to show similar heights for the national team. Judging by his pre-season (which granted is not saying much in the wider picture) I might have been wrong and he might be ready to replace Griezmann immediately. Will be very interesting to see if he will live up to the hype and follow in the footsteps of Torres, Agüero, Griezmann etc. Curious how Simeone will cope with a more offensive philosophy if he implements such a style given that the old spine of the team is gone.

Anyway his arrival is great news for the league.

Yes, as if Griezmann has not scored multiple times against Barça, RM and numerous European giants and not carried Atlético offensively since 2014 almost single-handedly.

The same Griezmann that was the best player for France during the last World Cup that they won. Joint top scorer as well of the tournament. Scoring and assisting in the final. Ok. The guy that knocked us out of the QF in the CL in 2016 and later Bayern in the CL semifinal. But, but he missed a penalty due to hitting the crossbar in the second half of the final (scored during the penalty shootout) so he is a flop, lol. Won the Europa League with Atlético as well being the fundamental player and scoring in the final.

Was the main player for France in 2016 (top scorer as well) as well when they reached the EURO final. Only bad luck prevented them from winning it and for Griezmann scoring in another final.

Griezmann is the real deal. Not some hyped up giant flop like Coutinho with a few months of good football behind him in Liverpool (back when they were mostly irrelevant and winning nothing) or an unknown (despite my pro-Dembélé bias as I still have hopes in him succeeding in the right environment for us) in Dembélé. Should be lightyears ahead of Suárez in the pecking order next season if Malmierda has any sanity left.

15/16 he was outstanding, scored again the big teams and carried them to the UCL Final & EURO 2016. Of course he was good in other season but not a difference maker. In WC 2018 he was good but nothing special.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

15/16 he was outstanding, scored again the big teams and carried them to the UCL Final & EURO 2016. Of course he was good in other season but not a difference maker. In WC 2018 he was good but nothing special.

Griezmann has been very good to great in every of his 5 Atlético seasons based on goals, assists, pressing, defensive work, playmaking, attitude and given the defensive and not very flexible system that Simeone has been a blind follower of. I had the misfortune of watching FAR too many Atlético games in the past 5 years and I know how difficult it is to excel offensively under Simeone as a player with the characteristics of Griezmann. Griezmann has been blamed for not being your typical poacher (correct) but if he had played for Man City, Barça or RM in that same time period he would have scored more goals. Not that freaking 133 goals in 257 matches for Atlético in 5 years is a bad accomplishment by any means.

Nothing special but he won the World Cup being the best player for France (most important offensively) and leading the charts in all statistics almost. Scoring and assisting in the final.

Same with the other examples that I mentioned.

So "invincible" during big games is only something that a troll would write or a false-flagger which you apparently are if other users are to be believed here. Never mind this is not the thread for Griezmann but I suggest not to troll as this forum has been infested with enough of trolls in recent months dragging the level down substantially.

Last edited:

abbbs97

Dont bother with Neverforget. He is a troll.

Anyway, if we had bought Felix, I dont see EV developing him at all. In fact, he would turn out to be a flop. This is how bad EV is at developing players. So it wouldnt have made a difference if he came here and in fact would be bad for both him and us. Simeone will develop him much better and hopefully we buy him from Atleti in a couple of years.

Dont bother with Neverforget. He is a troll.

Anyway, if we had bought Felix, I dont see EV developing him at all. In fact, he would turn out to be a flop. This is how bad EV is at developing players. So it wouldnt have made a difference if he came here and in fact would be bad for both him and us. Simeone will develop him much better and hopefully we buy him from Atleti in a couple of years.

A troll calls other users troll :lol:

Home of Barca Fans