João Félix

feggydinho

Auba isn't even missing chances for them to blame him

There's been literally 0 chances made for him

True, he looked okay to me when he came in against Man City but didn't get any service at all so maybe he's having personal issues with the coach, or the coach just doesn't trust him.

khaled_a_d

I once had high hopes for him, but even though he still has age on his side he never developed since moving on from Benfica, not even organic development a young player should normally do.
His Benfica glory days was also small sample size to be sure he is class, I honestly agree he is a 40-50M level of player.

Devils

Same caliber as Ferran Torres for me.

Huge money transfer for a player who isn't necessarily good at anything.

No idea how these guys earn the hype that they do.

Messigician

Haven't watched him live but in highlights his dribbling looks very reckless and he shows too much of the ball to the defender as well as questionable footwork. You can see the dribble moves that he barely pulls off and can tell that largely have a very low % probability of success. He looks very talented for sure, but raw as hell.

Stats back this up as he averages 5 turnovers per 90 in Liga Nos and 4 in the CL (1 appearance) with only 1 dribble per game. It looks worse than it is because many top strikers do average a high amount of turnovers, but I don't even know if Felix really plays like a 9 or even a mobile 9 that often. Turnovers accumulate more when you're a striker playing around CB's in a more crowded area.

For upwards of 60-70m and the fact that he's only 19 and very raw, it doesn't look like the best deal out there IMO for our timeline. The profile we need is that of a mobile 9, much moreso than a goalscoring winger who may or may not be good off ball. Also, we've been chasing players who are young/energetic but can contribute at a high level from day 1 such as Dembele/Arthur/FDJ. I'd rather get a striker who is cheaper and proven to be productive at the top level in some way.

To me, Jovic still looks like the best deal as I haven't seen price estimations go above 40m for him and he's scoring at will in the Buli/Europa. Werner is more proven, but we'll have to pay a huge sum for him and get in a lengthy bidding war, as well as the fact that he's shown to struggle in non-counterattacking systems that don't afford lots of space. Jovic is also perfectly 2 footed, very mobile, great off ball instincts. He's not a do or die prospect that we absolutely need to get but I don't see that many better options in terms of quality/price ratio that fit well and can contribute as a backup attacker immediately. But there may well be better options out there that I don't know of.
W post

Home of Barca Fans