João Félix

L3v1s

Now this is a player that I would never bring here, but looking at our current options in attack I could let it slide... ONLY if it's a loan though!

Still, seeing how they are struggling to register players, I don't see how it's possible.

Andresito

Staff member
1. Simeone is desperate to get rid of him
2. Felix is desperate to leave, + Mendes orchestrating
3. Felix doesn't have any other good offers
4. Felix would be a clear starter at LW which could see his value go up (beneficial for Atleti)
5. Loan + buy option would work for Atleti, even loan without option if they think his value could go up a lot
6. Would have direct impact at Barca at LW and provide width in attack
7. This would mostly be on our terms because we aren't desperate to get him, sort of how Atleti did with Griezy

4. Felix would be a clear starter at LW which could see his value go up (beneficial for Atleti)
5. Loan + buy option would work for Atleti, even loan without option if they think his value could go up a lot
Yeah... First 3 totaly agree but 4,5,6 don't think so.
And this stuff with :"Barca was allways my dream" and shit like that, I don't buy it. Only reason I can imagine he sad that, is that Barca is in deep shit on LW position and everybody knows that. So after he doesn't have any offers, now is his dream... Just strategy to get out of the club.
For the kind of money there are many other players, and I'm glad that Barca doesn't have money for him.

malvolio

7. This would mostly be on our terms because we aren't desperate to get him, sort of how Atleti did with Griezy
Is he a good LW option though?

Porque

"Cheap loan deal" wouldn't really be that cheap. Isn't he on like 15m gross? Atleti would surely want a loan fee too.

Loan with option is fine.

Remember next year Roque is in so the purchase option would have to be hard to achieve.

AS journalist is breaking that a deal is close. Loan + Option.

Sounds ok if it's that. A bit of karma for them.

Until we sell them Ferran for 20m

Us paying the 20m that is.

mc_lovin

Makes quite a bit of sense to be fair. Xavi wants more creativity (see Lo Celso links). Atletico has an unsustainable relationship with Felix. The Mendes-Laporta connection.

Personally I wouldn't mind him (on loan), but there are no stakes. If he doesn't come who cares. Alemany and co. should negotiate exactly like that.

Porque

Guy is a complete enigma. Looked great for half a year in the porkchop league, as many do, and bar a couple of flips and dribbles, has been crap for 4 seasons by large, and yet Atleti still hugely overprice him.

Scoring record poor, assists poor, speed is poor and as chubby as Thomas Brolin. But has some nice touches and gives a false sense of Barca DNA. Not quite a striker yet not quite a winger. In terms of squad roles Carrasco is a much better fit.

Plays like Ansu with no knees yet he has two knees. Hard pass, though if Mendes weasles a favourable deal then take him purely for depth.

khaled_a_d

Makes quite a bit of sense to be fair. Xavi wants more creativity (see Lo Celso links). Atletico has an unsustainable relationship with Felix. The Mendes-Laporta connection.

Personally I wouldn't mind him (on loan), but there are no stakes. If he doesn't come who cares. Alemany and co. should negotiate exactly like that.

Except he is below average bench player (for Barca standards) who will be paid the salary of a starter, and that if Atletico even pay a portion of his salary.

Felix is the guy who always shows flashes, always a great pass that barely missed, always a great dribble that almost got him where he wants, always a great shot that almost went in. Initially you feel he has a potential.

It always gives you the illusion of World Class potential, when in reality the outcome on the pitch is probably worse than Trincao.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans