João Félix

Andresito

Staff member
Not that I think he'll cook, but somebody bother to calculate how much Atleti still have to amortize, ie how much we'd need to pay for them not to sell him for a loss on the books? Don't forget he renewed twice the last year.

TM should add that number imo, usually very relevant, especially in Spain where everyone are broke.

Nazario1985

It’s low risk, potentially high return series of moves

We loaned players who are valued but need minutes

Genius really- I would’ve preferred Bernardo to Felix but might work out better

Might also be a waste of time if turns to be a failure.

Any project is evaluated over a period of time, and if we are still a joke in the UCL this year Xavi might be on his way out.

Then all this micro-planning would have been for nothing.

Felix-Atletico contract was extended until 2026, so even if he is a success we will not be able to afford buying him by the end of the season so next season are we going to try and build something different again ?

serghei

Felix-Atletico contract was extended until 2026, so even if he is a success we will not be able to afford buying him by the end of the season so next season are we going to try and build something different again ?

Of course, these are short term solutions because we have no money to actually sign top players that other teams want to keep. So we have to loan players that other teams don't need anymore, like Cancelo and Felix, rejects basically.

Still, they fit our needs at the moment, so these signings are much better than the alternative, which is getting nobody and playing Roberto as our rightback and Gavi as our left winger.

Messi983

Not that I think he'll cook, but somebody bother to calculate how much Atleti still have to amortize, ie how much we'd need to pay for them not to sell him for a loss on the books? Don't forget he renewed twice the last year.

TM should add that number imo, usually very relevant, especially in Spain where everyone are broke.

Quick math.

Signed for 126m on a 7-year contract in 2019. His annual amortization 18m so in 2022 his unamortized value was 72m.

Then extended contract in January 2023 before going on loan to Chelsea for a further year (until 2027). Not sure if clubs calculate amortization costs only at start/end of the season or mid-season as well but I'll assume the later because a lot of business happen in winter TW too. So in January his value on the books was 63m.

His annual amortization would then be 14m (63/4,5) or 7m for that second half of the season he spent on loan at Chelsea.

Now his value is 56m and after extending his contract for further two years (until 2029) yesterday his annual amortization is a bit over 9m (in other words Atleti "saved" 5m of amortization costs this season by extending him) and value on the books will be 47m next year.

So from a financial standpoint I think they would consider any offer over 50m.

ajnotkeith

Of course, these are short term solutions because we have no money to actually sign top players that other teams want to keep. So we have to loan players that other teams don't need anymore, like Cancelo and Felix, rejects basically.

Still, they fit our needs at the moment, so these signings are much better than the alternative, which is getting nobody and playing Roberto as our rightback and Gavi as our left winger.
God, reading this EVERY SINGLE TIME is so boring. Yes, we are broke, but damn, we are still doing a good job in the market, and no, it is not just 'players that no other top team wanted'.

Cancelo isn't washed up or a reject. He has been consistently one of the best RB in the world for several years. You make it sound like he is a throwaway signing lol, 'other top teams don't need them' 'rejects'. There were definitely other top clubs in for not just him but also Gundogan and Roque and they've both come here.

Felix fits that label more because he is a labelled flop but mega bucks Chelsea were using him as a starter last season, and we know how many hundreds of millions they spend. Must be good then right?? Plus he cost 127 million and we know how important the previous fees paid are for you. We can start calling him the 127 million winger like how Antony is called 100m player to exaggerate his quality.

This window has been very solid. Yes, it can be better if we had decent money supply, but, with what we have, we bring very good players. Our pull ensures we are always bringing in top players despite money issues.

serghei

Don't get so mad about it. The window has been solid in current conditions. Can't do more at this point. I just replied to a guy who said these are short term deals, and they are but it's the best we can do atm.

I'm satisfied personally. In realistic terms, it's a good window.

ajnotkeith

Don't get so mad about it. The window has been solid in current conditions. Can't do more at this point. I just replied to a guy who said these are short term deals, and they are but it's the best we can do atm.

I'm satisfied personally. In realistic terms, it's a good window.
I think its a better window than Madrid had.

They brought in Bellingham, Kepa, and Fran Garcia? Whilst Benzema left, Courtois injured for the season, Vini has a longer-term injury iirc.

Even though they got the big ticket player, they haven't done much else.

serghei

I think its a better window than Madrid had.

They brought in Bellingham, Kepa, and Fran Garcia? Whilst Benzema left, Courtois injured for the season, Vini has a longer-term injury iirc.

Even though they got the big ticket player, they haven't done much else.

Could be. Or not, looking at how Bellingham started the season. From Madrid pov, it all depends if Bellingham is a hit or not. He can't keep this up I feel, with goals and/or assists every game.

Home of Barca Fans