Joan Laporta

delancey

I like so many others around here was against signing Xavi as head coach. This guy had no clue and has no reaction to what the team had became in 2 years of Xavi's tenure. Lads, this is unacceptable. Moreover, Xavi will almost certainly be ruining the club till at least the summer of 2024, where tfck is Laporta, what is he doing about it?
Not much he can do about it! Fire Xavi, a legend of our club, and he’ll awake the rage of Catalonia, including Pep, and anyone else who matters. He should never have been hired, but the damage has been done. All we can hope for is that he (and Oscar) are replaced in Summer 2024. 😊

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

[WELT] FC Barcelona could be banned from the Champions League for several years for violating Financial Fair Play. UEFA considers balance sheets to be a whitewash. Exclusion could apply from the 2024/25 season.
So this comes out a day after the landmark decision on Thursday regarding the Super League. Call me cynical but even if Barca are guilty of this, I doubt they would be threatening a ban if they weren't part of the Super League.

Just shows UEFA up as the cabal that it is. Protecting those big players who break the rules ( EPL clubs ) as long as they play ball with UEFA.

FinBarcelonafan

So this comes out a day after the landmark decision on Thursday regarding the Super League. Call me cynical but even if Barca are guilty of this, I doubt they would be threatening a ban if they weren't part of the Super League.

Just shows UEFA up as the cabal that it is. Protecting those big players who break the rules ( EPL clubs ) as long as they play ball with UEFA.

Spot on

They should check financial fairplay for City, PSG, Newcastle, Chelsea. I am curious what they would find.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Spot on

They should check financial fairplay for City, PSG, Newcastle, Chelsea. I am curious what they would find.
They already have and they have already found plenty. But they are part of the gang so they will instead punish Everton.

They won't go after Madrid because Madrid has the strongest ties to UEFA from when they invented the European Cup and were allowed to choose not only their opponents, but the referees for their games, in return.

I would advise watching the documentary Stasi. Shows how everything is done. And still going on today in Spain and with UEFA.

Barca really needs to get this Super League going, otherwise it's a sitting duck.

Messigician

They already have and they have already found plenty. But they are part of the gang so they will instead punish Everton.

They won't go after Madrid because Madrid has the strongest ties to UEFA from when they invented the European Cup and were allowed to choose not only their opponents, but the referees for their games, in return.

I would advise watching the documentary Stasi. Shows how everything is done. And still going on today in Spain and with UEFA.

Barca really needs to get this Super League going, otherwise it's a sitting duck.
good post

FC B

Where can we find the documentary you speak of? Only found Stasi East Germany's Secret Police.

Windhook

I was for Xavi appointment. He was the right guy for the right moment. The club hit rock bottom after Messi and someone had to inspire the club. Koeman couldn't sell it. The club doesn't have the quality and finances to demand treble from Xavi. That's why I'm not shitting on him or Laporta. This is a rebuild process and I'm a realist, not some cemented negative lunatic who seeks Ws in this forum, basking in the shadow of yesterday's triumph (beautiful Pink Floyd quote).

Currently the club is still in competition. Nothing is lost, we are not playing well and likely will finish the season without trophies. And then Xavi will be released, and if that's the case I truly hope we get De Zerbi. This guy is master of motivation. Could make Mingueza play Puyol level in a month. If only we can leave the Barca DNA behind.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Where can we find the documentary you speak of? Only found Stasi East Germany's Secret Police.
Yes that is the one. It's part political, part football. Dynamo Dresden was the best team in East Germany and then the head of the secret police, Erich Mielke, decided he wanted his team, Berlinger FC to win.

Using the tactics we have suspected are going on in La Liga today, Berlinger, or BFC, went on to win 10 titles in a row. It was so obviously rigged in their favour that even their own fans deserted them in disgust.

When the Berlin Wall collapsed, things returned to normal and Berlinger FC were in their rightful place, in the 4th division in a few years.

Great doc, but if you don't have time, just Google a review of the doc and you will get most of it from there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For Barca it's either going to be the Super League or the club being (partly) sold.

Probably no other way out of this financial hole while still being able to compete with billionaire-owned clubs. Personally I think it's more likely we see the club being turned into a S.A.D, a public limited company with 50% of the club being to sold. Probably to happen between 2025-2027 if the ESL project remains dead as Laporta would either resign or not stand for re-election as he said it would not happen under him.

Jim Ratcliffe who owns INEOS and just bought a 25% stake in Man Utd already tried to convince Laporta to let him buy a 50% stake with us, and wanted to commit to 2-3 billion by eliminating the debt and help with the Camp Nou redevelopment, but something like that was obviously going to be career suicide for Laporta so they started selling off parts of other assets instead.

The club's already been testing waters among certain groups of socis by sending out surveys asking them about different ownership models. Happened earlier this year.

Birdy

Yup!
Anyone still wondering what the right side of history is?

NKMaribor

This is what we call propaganda. Stasi did it also.

I could understand lack of knowledge, and possibly even lack of simple reasoning such as depicting RM - the creator behind Super League, which represents existental threat to UEFA as having strongest ties with UEFA. But the fact that you are offering such rhetoric when Barca’s image is in absolute toilet, due to financial malverzations and corruption. Now that is mind fuck.

Last edited:

Windhook

Jim Ratcliffe who owns INEOS and just bought a 25% stake in Man Utd already tried to convince Laporta to let him buy a 50% stake with us, and wanted to commit to 2-3 billion by eliminating the debt and help with the Camp Nou redevelopment, but something like that was obviously going to be career suicide for Laporta so they started selling off parts of other assets instead.
To do that you need the approval/referendum from socios, which in my view will never pass. F.C. Barcelona is a matter of pride for Catalonia, this is not some printer company. Laporta is very much aware of that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
When they showed him last night at the stadium sitting down I was embarrassed to tell my son that is Barca president. He's gotten obese.

Home of Barca Fans