Jonathan Dos Santos

Aasim

Bumbleman
Maybe he knows that if he leaves, he isn't coming back so he's milking as much as he can from the players here and the experience with training with them and the coaches, so when he does leave he'll be a better player.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
JDS looked at his brother, Oriol, and Bojan and saw what happened when they leave FCB for another club but the manager who brings them in gets replaced and they then either sit on the bench or move around. he knows that at FCB he has value and he's in the system. nothing wrong with him wanting to stay and fight to make it in the first team in a system he knows surrounded by people he knows.

Aasim

Bumbleman
He'd be better off with regular playing time

You say that, but i'm not so sure.

He's training with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Cesc and Thiago. Imagine being able to do that when you are young.
Plus he'll get to play in some copa games and maybe a few league games at the end of the season (Hopefully league would be tied up).

Playing for a mid table club would of course benefit him but i don't think he's ready to be starting for a Liga club so if he's going to be on the bench, might aswell be at Barca. Next year he should leave on a buy back.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know what's happening to jds, even Tito seemed to forget about him as last time he mentioned Fontas and Bartra having to wait for chances but no mention of jds.
He could play vs. Granada though imo. Xavi tired, Iniesta out. There's room.

Yugi

highly doubt it, we have fresh thiago, song, busquets and cesc.....jds will be bencher until 2 or more midfielders get injured

F

Flavia

I don't think he'll play at all... I think Tito really wanted him to go on loan. Maybe he'll do that so he goes in the winter.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah it sounded like both Dos Santos & Fontas blocked any loan ultimately...I hope they are moved in winter

impeh

Hi, its me..
kinda strange, im guessing tito wanted him to go as he was close to leaving and i dont see him playing at all tbh. Seems like hes happy with his current role.

P

PhilS

Tito's picks in midfield and at fullback are clear. At least 4 fullbacks are ahead of JDS. If Masch is now a full-time CB, then all 6 other midfielders on the first team plus Sergi Roberto are ahead of JDS.

Neither JDS nor Fontas are likely to play at all this year, Tito is not going to change his mind. Afellay heard the message, and he split.

Galning

Yep, he kinda only has himself to blame. He really wanted to stay when Tito made it pretty clear from the beginning that a loan would be the best option for him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tito's picks in midfield and at fullback are clear. At least 4 fullbacks are ahead of JDS. If Masch is now a full-time CB, then all 6 other midfielders on the first team plus Sergi Roberto are ahead of JDS.

Neither JDS nor Fontas are likely to play at all this year, Tito is not going to change his mind. Afellay heard the message, and he split.

JDS is not a fullback. He played there few times because we were short in the position but that was it.

F

Flavia

Sergi Roberto on the bench tonight, JDS on the stands... Pretty clear message to me.

Home of Barca Fans