Jordi Alba

serghei

Kindly mention them please

4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-2-3-1.

We aren't great but we are doing better in this formation than before.

I don't know how we can be careful to not lose him when no one did anything wrong to piss him off.

Not much of a sample to judge on. Didn't we play 3-4-3 and lost to a relegation candidate in La Coruna? That was as poor of a match as any this season.

gasgas

4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2, 4-2-3-1.

Not much of a sample to judge on. Didn't we play 3-4-3 and lost to a relegation candidate in La Coruna? That was as poor of a match as any this season.
4-1-2-1-2 was a disaster when Lucho played it at the start of his tenure
4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 needs an extra RW and a midfield two who can defend life and death for the forward four. but you want Coutinho so, won't work

Last edited:

Neymessi

We lost that because lucho started a bizzarre lineup. We are doing well when we play full strength in 3-4-3 but we play crap even we play full strength in 4-3-3.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is pissing me off with these comments, honestly I just do not like him as a person. He is expressing his dissatisfaction with the playing time he is given in the new formation despite the fact that he actually has featured in the majority of the games nonetheless, even though it is clear that he does not belong on the LCB position and a real CB should play. Even Digne is a better fit for that position because he is better at tackling and heading. Alba currently just creates extra tension in this important time interval for the club, putting himself higher than the team. 3-4-3 has worked well so far, I do not miss Alba on the pitch.

xXKonan

Simply it's a risk to play him as a LCB against teams who are strong in the air. He would get targeted big time because of his lack of height (5'7). he could play as a LM or as a WB in a flat 3-4-3 but Lucho will probably stick with the 3-4-3 Diamond. the best chance for Alba to play in a big game is if we revert back to a 4-3-3.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We cannot afford to lose Alba right now, but I think there's only a question of time before someone else pops up and displaces him from the lineup. Perhaps Cucurella in 2-3 years or someone else. Who knows, but I think we will move on from him in the upcoming seasons and replace him with someone that isn't incredibly wasteful in attack.

Alba has played in almost every big game this season and only recently hasn't played every game. He knows that Lucho will leave after this season, yet he makes these comments at a crucial stage in the season which could lead to instability in the dressing room.

This is just incredibly stupid of him. When you say it LIKE THAT, then everyone knows who you are throwing shots at.

Last edited:

Neymessi

He was never bright. I remember in a spain match he dived from a foul that had literally 0 contact and stayed withering on the ground even after players had left for the half time.

Many players dive but don't dive that stupidly and make a fool out of yourself.

clemente

Lol talking about replacement, he is easily top 3 LB in the world, any replacement would downgrade the team, hes too good to sit on the bench, I can see why he isn't happy with the current situation. If we play with with 4 at the back then its like playing as 10 men, if we play with 3 in the back then Alba have no place in the squad, its only a board to blame for ignoring RB situation last summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's the only top 3 LB in the World that wastes almost every single opportunity in the final third. Alba's defending has improved a lot over the last couple of seasons, but had he not been this fast as he is........

Compare his attacking output to Marcelo or Alaba. So many times he's gotten the ball on a silver platter to either shoot and score himself or deliver an easy low cross to someone else and 9/10 times he hits the defender instead. I don't know how he scored in the CdR final last season, luckily he came up good in the final third at a crucial time I guess.

People give Bellerin a lot of shit here, and some of it deservedly so, but fail to realize how similar he is to Alba. Very fast. Not fantastic in defence, and incredibly wasteful in attack.

He's 28 years old. Is it unreasonable to expect some improvement in key areas of his weaknesses? Is it unreasonable to expect him to not take shots at a coach that is going to leave anyway, in a season with instability, but where we got a shot at three competitions we're still in? Some basic intelligence?

Not saying we should toss him out, but I don't think he'll be the starting LB in 2-3 seasons either.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Lol talking about replacement, he is easily top 3 LB in the world, any replacement would downgrade the team, hes too good to sit on the bench, I can see why he isn't happy with the current situation. If we play with with 4 at the back then its like playing as 10 men, if we play with 3 in the back then Alba have no place in the squad, its only a board to blame for ignoring RB situation last summer.

IF he is top three then he is a good bit behind Marcelo and Alaba.

Has great pace and makes good late runs but his defending can be suspect and his final ball is often crap.

Alba has been a solid player but is nothing special.

clemente

Just wrong, he isn't the most wasteful in attack, you cannot actually expect crossing to work in this team, and I don't really remember any silver platters that hes missed. Also "not fantastic in defence"? really? you pretty much cannot go through him, he saved our ass so many times this season, his only weakness is in the air which is understandable, hes on another level in defence compared to Marcelo, not sure about Alaba.

JamDav1982

Just wrong, he isn't the most wasteful in attack, you cannot actually expect crossing to work in this team, and I don't really remember any silver platters that hes missed. Also "not fantastic in defence"? really? you pretty much cannot go through him, he saved our ass so many times this season, his only weakness is in the air which is understandable, hes on another level in defence compared to Marcelo, not sure about Alaba.

He isnt that great defensively even if his pace does get him out of some bad situations.

Final ball is not just all about crossing. The likes of Alves found it hard to cross the ball at Barca but was brilliant in the final third as had so much more to his game that the likes of Alba doesnt.

Alba is a decent left back with loads of pace but is suspect at both ends of pitch fairly often.

gasgas

He can't be Top 3,
He's behind Marcelo Felipe Alaba

Messi983

I would be all for selling him to Pep for 40M or so and bring back Grimaldo. He's the former La Masia player we should be after, not Bellerin and Thiago (not saying I wouldn't accept him just that he won't return so no need to waste our time).

Home of Barca Fans