Jordi Alba

Maria

*Subject to Grimaldo's first team promotion. Jamrock has been our La Masia analyst for some years now, and he obviously rates the kid more than alba.

So what? Bojan was rated more than Pedro.
I've watched the Juvenil A quite a bit myself and I can tell you that right now he is not even close of Alba. We should talk about that in 2 or 3 years..now is pointless because at any time it could happend to him what it happend to Muniesa.

And with dearth of good full-backs in the market as you say so urself, it's very likely clubs 'd be lining up for Grimaldo's signature promising him regular first team action if he keeps developing in the same vein, and we risk losing him if he all we can offer is a supp. role to the catalan in the near future.

If all we can offer him a supp role, then it means that Alba is better than him so I wouldn't cry too much. Other players more talented like Iniesta have accepted that a club like Barcelona couldn't offer him a place in the first 11 so I can only wish that Grimaldo will learn from him.

What happens at Castilla is least of my concern.

I was talking about Real Madrid and their 2 LBs of 24 y.o.: Coentrao and Marcelo.

jamrock

how could a 17 year old be close to a 23 year old Spanish International, If Grims keeps developing the way he has been, he will bench alba.

zanela

So what? Bojan was rated more than Pedro.
I've watched the Juvenil A quite a bit myself and I can tell you that right now he is not even close of Alba. We should talk about that in 2 or 3 years..now is pointless because at any time it could happend to him what it happend to Muniesa.

Well ofc he's not at Alba's level atm. The latter has like what 6 years more experience. But Grimaldo is still the better talent, and if he continues developing, he can outdo Alba.

In football, nothing is too early to discuss. :p

If all we can offer him a supp role, then it means that Alba is better than him so I wouldn't cry too much. Other players more talented like Iniesta have accepted that a club like Barcelona couldn't offer him a place in the first 11 so I can only wish that Grimaldo will learn from him.

Or one is a catalan, the other isn't. :p

I was talking about Real Madrid and their 2 LBs of 24 y.o.: Coentrao and Marcelo.

Neither is WC.

F

Flavia

I think Grimaldo has nothing to worry about. Muniesa might suffer from alba/grimaldo, but I can see the duo alba/grimaldo being just great for our LB spot.

Wambo

306784_402435849792602_1760656789_n.jpg

paxtonpale

Glad he joined us. We need someone for Abi! We cannot rely on Abidal anymore, especially with his liver. I find that Alba isn't the greatest of replacements especially his height and his physical strength though his tika-taka, link up play, attacking runs, his speed, defensive is all good and are good signs for us in the future...

Home of Barca Fans