Jordi Alba

Stric

They're different. It's just that I'm dreaming of seeing this starting 11:

Villa Messi Pedro
Iniesta Busquets Xavi
Alba Puyol Pique Alves
Valdes​

...and hope we can get there bit by bit. Introducing Alba into big games would be one of those bits and it would make me happy. :lol:

As you can see, no real reason behind that other than the fact that I'd be happy. :barca scarf:

P

PhilS

Covering the far post, Adriano is as close to Abidal as the team has now. This is a problem for Alba, he just cannot be that third CB when that is needed. He both does not know how, and he does not play big enough.

Adriano has a real chance to be a bigger part of the team, if he can keep from getting injured. He won't play as much as Alba, but it might work out like Marcelo and Contrao, the one who plays the most sits against the best opponents. Alba's job will be to be the difference maker for winning La Liga, I see 20 assists this year.

Pepe Silvia

Fantastic points PhilS. Adriano is just bigger and is so helpful against the better aerial squads while Alba in attack is a disaster for defenses. Tito can now shuffle his cards when needed.

Meitux

Fantastic points PhilS. Adriano is just bigger and is so helpful against the better aerial squads while Alba in attack is a disaster for defenses. Tito can now shuffle his cards when needed.
bigger by 2 cm is not too much difference :p but anyway he is better defending

cro-man

from what i have seen in this few games is that it seems that adriano is the better defender but alba the better attacker. This can change because its too soon to adjudicate whose the better one...

P

Patty2720

they're different. It's just that i'm dreaming of seeing this starting 11:

villa messi pedro
iniesta busquets xavi
alba puyol pique alves
valdes​

...and hope we can get there bit by bit. Introducing alba into big games would be one of those bits and it would make me happy. :lol:

As you can see, no real reason behind that other than the fact that i'd be happy. :barca scarf:
la masia !!!

Maria

i think pique was more responsible there because he left alba alone there when it was not nessesary at all. puyol was covering front post and pique wanted to mark him, instead of going to help alba at the back post.

I think Pique, Puyol, Alba and VV have to to share the blame on that goal..

Stric

I thought he was really good tonight. Also, surprised me by how well he did defensive work. I think there was a moment where he even got Pique/Masch out of trouble. Should be a default starter, IMHO.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I thought he was really good tonight. Also, surprised me by how well he did defensive work. I think there was a moment where he even got Pique/Masch out of trouble. Should be a default starter, IMHO.

He did OK, but must improve his passing by miles - I think he missed maybe 10 easy passes during this match (but also every time I saw him play, both for the NT and Valencia). If he can improve his passing, decision making and maybe his defensive work (just a little, imo he's doing good) - he will come good.

Theconomist

He did OK, but must improve his passing by miles - I think he missed maybe 10 easy passes during this match (but also every time I saw him play, both for the NT and Valencia). If he can improve his passing, decision making and maybe his defensive work (just a little, imo he's doing good) - he will come good.

I agree, working on his finishing wouldn't hurt either. I don't want a 10 goal a season left back just 2-3 crucial ones would be nice like the chance he missed tonight.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

Spot on, it's his passing that needs work... The rest of his game was correct...

X

xaviniesta

best player on the pitch from barca. was the only one who was good at both halves.

Yugi

he was beast, I actually didnt see him misplace a pass and those dribbles over Madrid were crazy

Stric

I knew this all along, but he keeps surprising me with just how incredibly fast he is. Unbelievable!

Home of Barca Fans