Josep Maria Bartomeu

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Didn't they want Valverde gone? yet Bartomeu wanted to keep him so he stayed. So Valverde is even more protected now!

That's not really the point. The sporting direction is lost, merely removing those in charge of that within the club is far from a fix when the main driver of that direction is the coach.

Moreover, Segura is not gone unfortunately - if anything it tells you Barto is consolidating power while fueling misdirection to appease critics. We were led to believe Valverde was gone, which was met with joy by all quarters and then he stays. Same for Segura. In the end, only Mestre is gone

FCBfan22

What's the next step for Absolute Barto? Becoming a backup LB, since Alba still hasn't got one? Selling MATS to fund NeyNey and becoming a GK?

Ladies and gentlemen, Josep Maria Bartomeu, president, vice president, first goalkeeper, backup left back, player-coach and future Suarez replacement of FC Barcelona.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to say but it's not about Segura or Mestre. Messi and seniors decide if Valverde stays and they were very clear how they feel.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I can't recall Messi or anyone else in the squad ever being anything but supportive in the media of whomever is the coach - unless anyone is privy to what happens internally, the rest is speculation. What we do know is that the board is not supportive of the sporting direction and that lack of unity has seen dismissals coupled with Bartomeu taking executive decisions on who remains - in particular, Valverde

Clear Bartomeu no longer has any mandate and will either go out in a bang or whimper

Andresito

Staff member
I can't recall Messi or anyone else in the squad ever being anything but supportive in the media of whomever is the coach - unless anyone is privy to what happens internally, the rest is speculation. What we do know is that the board is not supportive of the sporting direction and that lack of unity has seen dismissals coupled with Bartomeu taking executive decisions on who remains - in particular, Valverde

Clear Bartomeu no longer has any mandate and will either go out in a bang or whimper

Probably some clause in the contract prohibiting players from talking obvious shit about the current coach. Issues like that should be solved internally.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Probably some clause in the contract prohibiting players from talking obvious shit about the current coach. Issues like that should be solved internally.

The point I thought was obvious, there's nothing credible to suggest Messi or any other player had any impact on the decision to continue with Valverde - the player are always supportive of the coach and it shouldn't be any other way

vinni

The point I thought was obvious, there's nothing credible to suggest Messi or any other player had any impact on the decision to continue with Valverde - the player are always supportive of the coach and it shouldn't be any other way

It seems to me most of the fan base and media have no idea whats really going on with our club. Most off the things one read in the tabloids or on fan forums are at best speculation.

FC433

Great press.

Some points:

- Neymar wants to leave, but PSG does not want to sell (it is on you Neymar, force your way out)

- Dembele is our future and I like him more than Neymar

- I know where MDL will play next season, but cannot say much (should be positive, he is coming to Barca)

- I have read that Messi makes the decisions, but that is not true. Messi does not have a say, players do not make the decisions, we do (I believe him, Messi has said the same a while ago)

- Valdes has said that it is time to come back and now I will see what I can offer to him (please hire him as JA's coach)

Great press.

Some points:

- Neymar wants to leave, but PSG does not want to sell (it is on you Neymar, force your way out)

- Dembele is our future and I like him more than Neymar

- I know where MDL will play next season, but cannot say much (should be positive, he is coming to Barca)

- I have read that Messi makes the decisions, but that is not true. Messi does not have a say, players do not make the decisions, we do (I believe him, Messi has said the same a while ago)

- Valdes has said that it is time to come back and now I will see what I can offer to him (please hire him as JA's coach)

De ligt had decided to play for Juve and already told bartomeu. This doesn't mean he's coming here

Bringing a coward like Valdes back sends a negative message to Barcelona: " if you are a coward who jumps the sinking ship, you will be rewarded"
Valdez left b.c he's a spoiled beat who hates losing more than he loved Barcelona.

Zidane82

De ligt had decided to play for Juve and already told bartomeu. This doesn't mean he's coming here

Bringing a coward like Valdes back sends a negative message to Barcelona: " if you are a coward who jumps the sinking ship, you will be rewarded"
Valdez left b.c he's a spoiled beat who hates losing more than he loved Barcelona.

Juve had a few CBs and they’ve just bought another for 20 million when they’re supposedly struggling to find funds to appease Ajax !?!

What’s going on ??

El Gato

Villarato!
This dude has the worst PR I’ve seen from an elite level president in at least a decade. It’s not even close. He’s just a fool. Rosell was corrupt, but not openly contradictory until his demise.

“We never speak about players of other teams”

Goes on to talk about Griez, De Ligt and Neymar :lol:

No wonder Barca is a laughing stock on the transfer market.

Raketa10

This dude has the worst PR I’ve seen from an elite level president in at least a decade. It’s not even close.

“We never speak about players of other teams”

Goes on to talk about Griez, De Ligt and Neymar :lol:

No wonder Barca is a laughing stock on the transfer market.

Well to be fair we all know Griezmann is a Barca player. :D

El Gato

Villarato!
Well to be fair we all know Griezmann is a Barca player. :D

Good for you. Good luck not getting ripped off by everybody else on every other deal by both club and agents while also probably paying Griezmann extortionate wages and having to fight with him to get the pay cut.

Not only that - you also want to delay the payment, you fudge with the Cillessen deal, he openly alienates businessmen in Paris and he has no idea what the team needs.

He’s a cretin. He’s taking your brand to the gutter before your own eyes.

Home of Barca Fans