Josep Maria Bartomeu

Raketa10

Good for you. Good luck not getting ripped off by everybody else on every other deal by both club and agents while also probably paying Griezmann extortionate wages and having to fight with him to get the pay cut.

Not only that - you also want to delay the payment, you fudge with the Cillessen deal, he openly alienates businessmen in Paris and he has no idea what the team needs.

He’s a cretin. He’s taking your brand to the gutter before your own eyes.

Dude nobody here likes Barto. We can't wait to get rid of him but there is nothing we can do until 2021. To be fair we have to give him credit for bringing De Jong. We might like him or not but that was a great move.

El Gato

Villarato!
Dude nobody here likes Barto. We can't wait to get rid of him but there is nothing we can do until 2021. Also we have to give him credit for bringing De Jong. To be fair that was a great move.

It’s not an achievement to bring in a player who really wants to be part of the club that he identifies himself with. It’s like attributing something to Perez for bringing in Ronaldo.

The praise should come for getting players who aren’t necessarily all that convinced or alienated by their current position, but the sporting project that develops in their potential next destination is exciting. I.e. Real getting Alonso or Kroos, PSG getting Mbappe over all the others suitors, Liverpool or City forking out their money wisely on the right targets.
Guys like De Jong or Arthur you would have gotten no matter what.

There is no sporting project at Barcelona. It’s “aim for the hotshot skilled, mobile, forward thinking stars and paper over the cracks” approach. From top down.

jamrock

It’s not an achievement to bring in a player who really wants to be part of the club that he identifies himself with. It’s like attributing something to Perez for bringing in Ronaldo.

The praise should come for getting players who aren’t necessarily all that convinced or alienated by their current position, but the sporting project that develops in their potential next destination is exciting. I.e. Real getting Alonso or Kroos, PSG getting Mbappe over all the others suitors, Liverpool or City forking out their money wisely on the right targets.

There is no sporting project at Barcelona. It’s “aim for the hotshot skilled, mobile, forward thinking stars and paper over the cracks” approach. From top down.

Yep

Raketa10

PSG got Mbappe because they have paid 180 mil and because he is french. Simple as that. City and PSG wanted De Jong so it's an achievement whether you like it or not. Regarding sport project you are right, Barcelona became just like Real. La Masia is currently in ruins and we are just buying expensive players like Real is doing for decades now.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Wheels are falling off at the club.

Why is Barto being an attention whore and calling a press conference for no real reason?

Why did he bad mouth Psg and Neymar?

Why are we going to war with AM over fucking Griezmann? They will complain and we'll be hit with another transfer ban.

This club has become a circus. I never thought we'd hit this kind of low.

pepi

Dude nobody here likes Barto. We can't wait to get rid of him but there is nothing we can do until 2021. To be fair we have to give him credit for bringing De Jong. We might like him or not but that was a great move.

He wanted to be here. Barto pays the wanted price and brings the player. What a genius.

khaled_a_d

De ligt had decided to play for Juve and already told bartomeu. This doesn't mean he's coming here

Bringing a coward like Valdes back sends a negative message to Barcelona: " if you are a coward who jumps the sinking ship, you will be rewarded"
Valdez left b.c he's a spoiled beat who hates losing more than he loved Barcelona.

Valdes had mental problems he had to deal with and was no more able to deal with the pressure in Barca.
He served the club well for almost 2 decades. And has earned the right to stay or leave like many players before and after him.
I don't find problem at him coming back at all.

This dude has the worst PR I’ve seen from an elite level president in at least a decade. It’s not even close. He’s just a fool. Rosell was corrupt, but not openly contradictory until his demise.

“We never speak about players of other teams”

Goes on to talk about Griez, De Ligt and Neymar :lol:

No wonder Barca is a laughing stock on the transfer market.

Would argue it is the opposite.
He talks very well most of the cases, especially from a neutral perspective who isn't waiting to interpret every word coming from his mouth this way.
He was asked about those 3 players specifically, in this era you can't just keep answering it with "we don't speak about players in other teams".
Regarding De Ligt, he didn't say anything wrong. Just a vague answer that doesn't interfere with Ajax
Griezmann? All what he said we contacted AM to sign him and already started negotiations. Again, that isn't interference with AM. That is talking about current situation.
Neymar? he was wrong to say he wants Barca. But he said there is basically nothing to talk about since PSG aren't selling.

All his answers with those specific questions with well played and nothing to trigger other clubs except the Neymar part. AM are actually stupid to make that statement after his press conference. If they wanted to attack Barca they have should done it sometime ago.

El Gato

Villarato!
All his answers with those specific questions with well played and nothing to trigger other clubs except the Neymar part. AM are actually stupid to make that statement after his press conference. If they wanted to attack Barca they have should done it sometime ago.

It’s no coincidence Atleti released the statement yesterday on the same day as his conference. He probably called the conference to mitigate the bad phone call rumours that would spread after he was done talking to them.

Why is it stupid? If Barca are indeed delaying because they want to get out of paying the right amount for a player, whose negotiations have pretty much torpedoed their season, I understand if they feel somewhat vindicated when the gentlemanly agreement is being thrown in the bin.
Though yes, they are no saint so I don’t entirely sympathise with them. More so I enjoy the circus.

Besides no matter. PR includes general viewer who is left to interpret the signals from conferences and make judgement whether Barto and his crew are in any way trustworthy or not. In my book, there is very little to suggest he is.

Messi983

Wheels are falling off at the club.

Why is Barto being an attention whore and calling a press conference for no real reason?

Why did he bad mouth Psg and Neymar?

Why are we going to war with AM over fucking Griezmann? They will complain and we'll be hit with another transfer ban.

This club has become a circus. I never thought we'd hit this kind of low.

He called a press conference to address Mestre's resignation so the media wouldn't ruin De Jong's presentation with questions about that. It was the right move.

He didn't bad mouth PSG or even less Neymar. He told the truth.

We are not going to war with AM. They can complain all they want but nothing will happen if they don't have a proof we actually had a deal with Griezmann when they said we had. I think they have some money problems right now (with Chelsea apparently demanding they need to pay 50M for Morata this season which wasn't planned with all other signings they are making) so they want to put us under pressure to execute Griezmann's clause soon and get those 120M.

khaled_a_d

It’s no coincidence Atleti released the statement yesterday on the same day as his conference.

Yes, it isn't a coincidence because they actually look bad.
They have accepted to sit and negotiate, that is bad PR for them. They have done that with a direct rival.
This statement was just to save face for them, nothing more.

Why is it stupid?

Because they claim they knew about contacts in March, and still they sit with us in July 4th and made a statement in July 5th. Why they sit with Barca if they knew about it from the start? Did all this info came to them in the day between the meeting and Bartou conference? That is very doubtful

besides no matter. PR includes general viewer who is left to interpret the signals from conferences and make judgement whether Barto and his crew are in any way trustworthy or not. In my book, there is very little to suggest he is.

In your book may be, but I don't see any bad reaction except with Barca fans who hates him. And rarely see anyone who thinks he is fool or bad PR for what he says.
It is the opposite actually, he is one of the best well spoken in that regard. Laporta for example was king of bad PR despite probably being one of the greatest club presidents in Liga history.
Bartou problems was never how he spoke, but how he handles the sporting department. Since Zubi left he has hired the wrong guys and handled them the keys to the club which obviously backfired

kattanib

De ligt had decided to play for Juve and already told bartomeu. This doesn't mean he's coming here

Bringing a coward like Valdes back sends a negative message to Barcelona: " if you are a coward who jumps the sinking ship, you will be rewarded"
Valdez left b.c he's a spoiled beat who hates losing more than he loved Barcelona.

Leave Valdes out of if. Barcelona fans never deserved Valdes for you are the spoiled ungrateful inhumane brats.

serghei

I agree with [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]. PR stuff and how he handles himself in the media is the least of my issues with Barto.

I don't like Barto because in spite of what he says he doesn't care for Cruyff's ideas. Most of the things I resent about him stem from this.

Barto's problem is that his galactico policy is bound to attract enemies. His transfer idea is to bring more and more flashy stars. That is sure to bring you heat from the clubs who obviously don't want to sell the Griezmans, the Neymar.

We did this to Liverpool, did it to PSG more than one time (Silva, Verratti) - unsuccessfully. Now to Atletico. Even the Dortmund deal for Dembele was bad for our image sort of, and had too much drama tied to it.

Why the fuck did we go for Coutinho and didn't go for Bernardo Silva for example, who is basically Coutinho + workrate + midfield skills? Coutinho is more famous and more of a star that is why.

We are not using our attracting power to land talents who aren't ready made stars yet. It's as if we're signing players more to make money with our brand than to win the Champions League.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans