Juan Guillermo Cuadrado

NotInHere

Cuadrado is a beast. But he's not a rb. If Pedro and Tello leave, he might come to replace one. Just not Alexis.
but it seems like once he touches the ball near the opponents area, he just has the brain to do individual plays, i agree that his great at that, but give me another player who can do that while still having the brains to play more organized passing with his teammates

JamDav1982

The full backs at Barca get as much space if not more than at any other club in the world.

Other teams actively leave them open a lot of the time.

Cule4life

The Culest
Have you guys ever seen how much space Alves gets

Its because teams dont bother to defend him as he only balloon crosses which they easily defend. They will actively restrict space for Cuadrado if he crosses along the ground something which hes not used to.

But that is a pointless debate as Cuadrado is not a RB

Alarcón

Yes, inevitably, when teams realise that the new RB is more dangerous than Dani, they will restrict him more, but that opens up space in other areas of the pitch.

JamDav1982

Its because teams dont bother to defend him as he only balloon crosses which they easily defend. They will actively restrict space for Cuadrado if he crosses along the ground something which hes not used to.

But that is a pointless debate as Cuadrado is not a RB

They dont just leave Alves in space because he 'balloons crosses' they also leave Alba in space on the other side as they know Barcas strength is through the middle and that is the area teams try to crowd out.

Stating the way teams line up and leave Alves in space is completely wrong and biased.

If Cuadrado alters that and means teams cannot leave him in space as you suggest then it would be a huge benefit to the team as a whole.

I

instinct

Yes, inevitably, when teams realise that the new RB is more dangerous than Dani, they will restrict him more, but that opens up space in other areas of the pitch.

This.

That's why I'd judge the whole team as a whole after the window closes. It makes no sense to judge a player without knowing the coach's plans. I think that Lucho has more football knowledge than anyone here in this forum and he has a plan to use Cuadrado, otherwise he would have blocked the deal like he did with Luiz (I believe the press here).

I hope that we don't lose Alexis because of him. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind signing him until negative results prove me wrong.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
but it seems like once he touches the ball near the opponents area, he just has the brain to do individual plays, i agree that his great at that, but give me another player who can do that while still having the brains to play more organized passing with his teammates

I said it before, the closer he gets to the opposition's goal, the more stupid he gets...

He usually makes great dribbles just to ballon the ball over the bar or misplace a simple pass... He's a good player, and entertaining to watch, but he's not what we need, and even less as RB, which is a position he can't play in...

onzeXI

He will suck without space which he wont get at Barca

Are you really inferring that Spain marks fullbacks or wingers closer than they do in Italy? Or than Barca FBs/wingers get marked closer than anybody else? Really? :shakeshead:

Last edited:

Culeee

I dont believe he fits our style.. we need a defensive fullback to compensate for alba or someone closer to alves.. cuadrado lacks technical ability in tight spaces and is worse than alves defensively

ebieymjunior

Why is everybody talking about him as a fullback. If we're getting him, it's as a winger. Has been said and reported multiple times, even going as far as saying that even if Alves said, we'd want him.

Home of Barca Fans