Juan Miranda

vuji_31

Some betis journalist says we are doing big swap wuth players.

Miranda,Braithwaite,Firpo for Mandi and Emerson.
Also Mingueza on loan.

vuji_31

Don't know.

Could be big bullshit, and it looks like we are paying emerson and shitty mandi 25-30mil lol

vuji_31

He is free, so it is bullshit.

But if betis wants to pay for firpo and Braith around 25 mil, they can have it , but there is no way they will do it

Messi983

Some betis journalist says we are doing big swap wuth players.

Miranda,Braithwaite,Firpo for Mandi and Emerson.
Also Mingueza on loan.

BS.

ABC is reporting Miranda will join Betis on a free (since his contract is expiring although we have an option to extend it) but we'll keep a % of future sale. And I guess we'll also try to include a buy-back.

Andresito

Staff member
BS.

ABC is reporting Miranda will join Betis on a free (since his contract is expiring although we have an option to extend it) but we'll keep a % of future sale. And I guess we'll also try to include a buy-back.

Would be smarter to actually extend his contract by promoting him and have full control over him.

Messi983

Would be smarter to actually extend his contract by promoting him and have full control over him.

I was just posting what sources close to Betis (ABC de Sevilla) are saying. OTOH MD insists we'll renew his contract and send him on loan for another season.

I think negotiations are still ongoing and we'll find out over the next few days.

Messi983

Ferran Martinez now reporting Barca won't extend his contract so he'll join Betis on a free but we'll have a % of future sale.

Porque

This guy will probably exceed all of our expectations. Not that I believe he will ever be Barcelona starter quality. But don't be surprised if he reaches Roberto level as a fullback.

Andresito

Staff member
Weird decision not to extend him but I guess there's been some thought behind the decision, before people start calling the board idiots.

I've never thought Miranda to be able to become a an above average player, but surely we could've earned a couple of millions by extending. At the same time we improve our relations with Betis which could be benecifial long term.

Porque

I don't particularly rate him at excelling at anything. But the more I seen at Betosh makes me think that 90% of his issues are mental.

If he is over that when he's in the 23-25 age range he will be a solid FB who ends better than we think.

That's my feeling anyways.

Edit. Auto-correct. Betosh is obv Betis.

Bobo32

This guy will probably exceed all of our expectations. Not that I believe he will ever be Barcelona starter quality. But don't be surprised if he reaches Roberto level as a fullback.

It's a bit strange that he, like Grimaldo and Cucurella and maybe more before him, didn't get more of a chance to prove himself. Instead buying Firpo...

Porque

It's a bit strange that he, like Grimaldo and Cucurella and maybe more before him, didn't get more of a chance to prove himself. Instead buying Firpo...

Particularly with Grimaldo and Cucu.

For Miranda, he had opportunities but it was too early for him and he was extremely bad. Then had two bad loans at Marseille and Shalke. Someone saw something in him too early without considering the mental aspect. We should have gone slower and moved him to a lower LaLiga side then or even better in hindsight, a solid upper-mid Segunda team who would not be struggling in a relegation dogfight.

Home of Barca Fans