Jude Bellingham

mc_lovin

He’s definitely an excellent player, but damn :lol: the hype is unreal. English+Real fans are a crazy combination.

He could take a shit on the pitch and still get all the individual prices this year. Which is fine… I am still insanely confident we will have a better year than Madrid.

JamDav1982

He is class and along with FDJ they have been by far the best two players in La Liga so far.

Overhyped? Wouldnt say so and even if there is an element of that take a look at some of the Barca players that get overhyped that are not even close to Bellingham.

Class act even if he can be a bit cringeworthy and playing up to crowd at times.

El Gato

Villarato!
Some lads even taking Gavi over him

Couldn't make it up

This has to be the hardest cope since the threepeat

JamDav1982

Bellingham v Gavi is not even a debate for anyone but some Barca fans currently.

Gavi will have to improve through the roof for that to become a relevant debate in coming years.

Hopefully can but at this rate Barca will be doing well if FDJ/Pedri can be in debate with Bellingham let alone Gavi.

mc_lovin

5 games in and suddenly we are lucky if Frenkie and Pedri can be in this debate? :lol:

Also Gavi gets crazy underrated, which is fine for me while we win the relevant titles.

JamDav1982

5 games in and suddenly we are lucky if Frenkie and Pedri can be in this debate? :lol:

Also Gavi gets crazy underrated, which is fine for me while we win the relevant titles.

Yeah going forward those two will have to be at a high level to stay in that debate at this rate. Bellingham barring any injury issues is going to be top top class and is very nearly there already if isnt.

No one claimed 'lucky' but the will have to play well/continue to play well.

Barca will be doing well in coming years if there is a Bellingham/FDJ/Pedri debate no doubt.

It is not under rating Gavi to say he is currently a good bit off FDJ/Pedri and Bellingham. That is just the reality of where currently is.

Hopefully he can improve and get on their level if they maintain it.

mc_lovin

What seperates Bellingham right now is that he gets a goal even when he performs mediocre. Hence why the hype is through the roof for a very small sample size and fairly split performances (yes, he had some completely invisible games as well).

He's obviously world-class, but people think he's midfield Messi right now. Can't wait for the first clasico, where I am 99% sure he will get marked out of the game completely (like in pre-season). Not necessarily due to his individual performance, but the role he plays. People will make no difference though (as always).

JamDav1982

Bellingham has been good in the games he has scored and not been invisible.

In part Real are asking him to get in box more than build up as they dont have a CF but he is one of best mids in world on the ball when plays deeper and is top class with ball at his feet.

No one is remotely claiming 'midfield Messi' that is just hyperbole to argue against.

Barca winning the league doesnt mean Gavi is better than Bellingham either just as Real winning it doesnt in turn mean every Real player is better than Barcas.

Morten

Never seen whats so special about Gavi, he is not bad, but i don't think he is that big of a talent either.

Home of Barca Fans