Jude Bellingham

mc_lovin

Bellingham has been good in the games he has scored and not been invisible.
He was easily the "worst" player on the pitch in the preseason clasico. And no, he absolutely had some invisible performances (bar the goals, which after all count the most to be fair). He wasn't overall excellent like Frenkie for example, who's older and more settled to be fair (again).

He's also has the most freedom of any mid at a top club in Europe right now.

Never seen whats so special about Gavi, he is not bad, but i don't think he is that big of a talent either.
People like to compare him to Gattuso, but watch any highlight video on youtube and you see in a minute that his close control is downright excellent. He's 19, has 100 games for Barca and wins titles.

JamDav1982

He was easily the "worst" player on the pitch in the preseason clasico. And no, he absolutely had some invisible performances (bar the goals, which after all count the most to be fair). He wasn't overall excellent like Frenkie for example (who's older and more settled - to be fair again).

People like to compare him to Gattuso, but watch any highlight video on youtube and you see in a minute that his close control is downright excellent. He's 19, has 100 games for Barca and wins titles.

Haha ok if want to bring in pre season friendlies go ahead..not relevant to much.

Fermin was better in that friendly.. means nothing for either player in scheme of things.

Nah doesnt have all that much freedom when has to be in final third and in box as much as does.

Gavi isnt Gattuso. He should be a lot better on ball than that and is already.

His close control can be good and bad. Needs to get more consistent on that. Turns into trouble a lot. Also needs to have end product from that close control more often or becomes similar to Arthur in some good moments to turn away from pressure then doesnt have ability to open game up with space has created.

He is a lot better than Arthur though and that should come but currently Gavi doesnt look like will score too often or open game up with a pass.

To be fair Gavi looks better this season than did last when he was absolutely brutal at times. Lets hope he is back on track.

Morten

He was easily the "worst" player on the pitch in the preseason clasico. And no, he absolutely had some invisible performances (bar the goals, which after all count the most to be fair). He wasn't overall excellent like Frenkie for example, who's older and more settled to be fair (again).

Obviously you watch him more, but i have watched him a fair bit myself, yeah he has decent technique, but it takes more than that to be viewed as an outstanding talent imo.

While 100 games is impressive, also has something to do with lack of options, if Barca had a lot of money to spend in recent years, i doubt he would be starting much.

JamDav1982

Obviously you watch him more, but i have watched him a fair bit myself, yeah he has decent technique, but it takes more than that to be viewed as an outstanding talent imo.

While 100 games is impressive, also has something to do with lack of options, if Barca had a lot of money to spend in recent years, i doubt he would be starting much.

Harsh to claim lack of options really. Barca had the best group of midfielders in La Liga last season and Xavi changed it to four mids to get more of them on pitch.

If anything Barcas game was based on the number of options they had in midfield when changed it to win the league.

JamDav1982

Gavis technique is not nearly as good as made out. It is hot and cold and generally consists of some decent moves in tight spaces as well as many situations gives ball away in them.

Would be a long with 4th in Barcas midfield currently on technical ability shown.

Something he needs to improve on and then improve technique in his quality and range of passing as well as how strikes a ball.

Morten

Harsh to claim lack of options really. Barca had the best group of midfielders in La Liga last season and Xavi changed it to four mids to get more of them on pitch.

If anything Barcas game was based on the number of options they had in midfield when changed it to win the league.

You have two top midfielders in Pedri and FDJ, where is the other top midfielder in that line-up to complete the trio?
I know very well your opinion on Busquets last few years, so not him, when he was there.

JamDav1982

You have two top midfielders in Pedri and FDJ, where is the other top midfielder in that line-up to complete the trio?
I know very well your opinion on Busquets last few years, so not him, when he was there.

Gavi couldnt play Busquets position so irrelevant anyway.

Barca had best group of mids in the league and Xavi changed it due to four mids.

JamDav1982

But 4 midfielders gives Gavi extra games though, less spots to compete for.

Yes and it is four mids as Xavi wanted him in the team.

Xavi disnt just decide on four mids then look around for who to pick. He went that way due to the players he has.

Opposite of him getting game time due to lack of options really.

JamDav1982

Grealish tore Real a new arsehole last season and was important player for best team in Europe.

Rice is very good also.

Rashford is brilliant also. One of best LWs in world last season.

Foden another one.

England will probably go into next Euros as favs would think.

GK and CB still a bit of an issue but even then they have Arsenal/City players currently in those positions can call on.

Home of Barca Fans