Julián Álvarez

Andresito

Staff member
To be fair Lautaro has been pretty good for Inter last 2 seasons, dont know his numbers but he scores every time when i watch Inter highlights
Tru he has improved since being a proper bum a few years ago. But still don't think he's a reliable CF to have in a top team, which is also why Alvarez partnered Messi for Argentina ahead of him.

malvolio

Hard to not succeed better than them lol. You think Lautaro would've been a good transfer for 111m during Barto?
Yes tbf. Would have a decent striker on the roster. Who cares about money? Ferran for 65M + another bum for 30-40M and you have Lautaro money.

I always thought he is an interesting player. Clearly not some world beater, but we've done worse with many transfers. It's just the 111M number that is hard to swallow.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Tru he has improved since being a proper bum a few years ago. But still don't think he's a reliable CF to have in a top team, which is also why Alvarez partnered Messi for Argentina ahead of him.
maybe the pressure is too high for him in big games, i was surprised that he has so underperformed for Argentinia in WC

Fati_Future_BallonDor

But always Alvarez definitely over Lautaro, Alvarez has the bad luck that haaland is because of his price over him otherwise he could be already top3 striker in the world

soul24rage

maybe the pressure is too high for him in big games, i was surprised that he has so underperformed for Argentinia in WC
He was injured during the WC which is why he played like a bum.

He was good during the Copa 19, Copa 21, Finalissima and the WCQ 2022.

With the form of both Alvarez and Lautaro right now and considering how versatile Alvarez is, I do think that Scaloni should try to find a way to fit them both in.

Home of Barca Fans