Karim Adeyemi

serghei

Who are the alternatives anyway?

Our forwards are Depay, Dembele and Ansu. The rest is useless, and the latter two count as one at best. We need 2-3 offensive signings badly.

Heard somebody like Coman might be available. He's a top-class winger IMO. Pullisic might also be an interesting option if we can transfer him. There's that Antony winger from Ajax who seems great.

We have some options. The market for wingers or quick wide players is much better than the market for a no9. The problem is they will cost serious money all of them.

I'd be all for Fati to turn into a false 9 type, and clear the wings for 2 top speedsters.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Heard somebody like Coman might be available. He's a top-class winger IMO. Pullisic might also be an interesting option if we can transfer him. There's that Antony winger from Ajax who seems great.

We have some options. The market for wingers or quick wide players is much better than the market for a no9. The problem is they will cost serious money all of them.

I'd be all for Fati to turn into a false 9 type, and clear the wings for 2 top speedsters.

With Coman, Dembele and Ansu we would have 1.5 wingers :p

Not a fan of Pulisic or Antony. Sterling, and I hate to say this, makes the most sense for me (apart from Adeyemi). But he's expensive.

Messigician

The same person who recommended the signing of Karim Adeyemi, who was initially ignored, also recommended Alphonso Davies, Kylian Mbappe, anf Haaland back then.

? @xlemus

Bar?a have followed Karim Adeyemi for 3 years, always with positive reports. However, the person who found him was not listened to back then. Now, his price and reputation has sky-rocketed.

? @xlemus

Andresito

Staff member
Plenty of noise that this transfer is actually happening. In the words of Borat, I am very excite!

There sure is. But nothing will be done until summer.

Salzburg won't sell him now, plus we hardly have any money.

A lot of things can change during these months, and unless we manage to sign him early like we did with Frenkie, we'll have a lot of competition next summer.

fergus90

There sure is. But nothing will be done until summer.

Salzburg won't sell him now, plus we hardly have any money.

A lot of things can change during these months, and unless we manage to sign him early like we did with Frenkie, we'll have a lot of competition next summer.

Yes, very true. I did think of the Frenkie situation where we tie the transfer down in Jan ready for the summer. But plenty of time for things to change and of course the financial situation is much different this time like you say.

Promising that there is a lot of noise about it though.

fergus90

No way they would go for it. Coman is more valuable by far, If Dest is something like 35, Coman is 65-70.

By all accounts, it seems he's hesitant to sign a new deal. If it's salary-related doubts, then yeah we have no chance. But if it's for a new challenge I think he's not out of the realms of possibility before Bayern loses him for free.

Would love it if we could get him, a top-class player (although does miss his fair share of games).

Devils

Adeyemi, Dembouz and Fati next season

1185085641_740215_0000000001_noticia_grande.jpg

Messi983

Not sure I'd we willing to spend big money on Coman. Looking at his injury history just scares me. Sure no longterm injuries like Dembele but he just seems to constantly miss games for one or another reason. Having him and Dembele in the same team would be playing with fire imo.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kingsley-coman/verletzungen/spieler/243714

Thing with Adeyemi is he's not just a winger but could easily see him also play as a #9 in a flexible system. He's faster than Ansu and probably not as good finisher but think with a good support he'd still score a lot if used in that role. Or he can play as a RW if Dembouz leaves (or when he inevitably gets injured again if he'll renew).

I'd be excited about a possible Ansu-Adeyemi-Dembele front three. A lot of potential and speed which should help midfield as well as teams would start to play different against us if we'd have a healthy Dembele and Adeyemi in the lineup. Obviously also a lot of question marks because of their youth and injury history but in Memphis we'd have a dependable bench option who could step in when needed (would clearly still start games as part of rotation as well). Would like to also add another more pure #9 of similar age who would be cheap and could score coming off the bench. Have no idea who that player could be. Maybe someone like Belotti on a free transfer although I'm not really high on Italians at Barca and he'll probably prefer to stay in Serie A as well. And then if Wolves won't buy Trincao (I'm pretty sure they will or he'll be sold to another EPL team for similar money) would give him a chance too as I think he would again bring different things to the team than Adeyemi or Dembele. Could also be utilised as a wide midfielder cutting inside if Xavi will use 3-4-3.

IMO Adeyemi will go to Bayern or Dortmund.

Bayern have also been interested since years, when he was still at Unterhaching, but 3m were too much for them at that time.

I would not bet on Barca and I think even Liverpool with Klopp have more chances to get him.

ajnotkeith

You don't understand things correctly, we're talking about a future transfer for next season which could be arranged before but we know he won't come in January.

Nobody is expecting him to come in and and carry us to top 4. We'll get another player (Ziyech being the last one linked to us) on loan in January to help us do that.

Doesn't really matter who media favorite to sign him is. Players don't always go where they're expected to go (especially with probably still months before he'll make a final decision) and we also don't know what plans Adeyemi has.

But German sources were the ones who first reported his agent was in Barcelona a few weeks ago and that we'll make official bid this week. So this is far from just being Catalan media thing.

As for your first point, you're just nitpicking. He has performed well in the CL against likes of Sevilla and Lille. He would surely be a good enough player to help us win La Liga in next few years. He alone probably wouldn't be enough to make a difference in CL immediately but could develop together with other youngsters (and hopefully a few other smart signings) to again make us competitive on a top level longterm.

This won't do it but I guess it's ok for a first bid (if true). It's just testing the waters and Barca surely expect this offer to be rejected but could negotiate from here on and send an improved bid (with more money upfront which is what I'd expect RBS wants) in coming weeks.

We'll probably need to offer at least 30m (equalling what they've received for Patson Daka as the club record sale but could see Salzburg holding out for even more considering all the hype surrounding Adeyemi) and variables. In most recent report Fernando Polo also says this is what Barca thinks would be needed to get him. And assuming Dortmund's offer is 35m (I'm sure they've also included some variables) I believe this could be true.

Only disadvantage I could see us having compared to Dortmund is Salzburg knows Borussia is also a selling club so they can include a higher % of future sale and if sold for 80-100m in two years they could get another 10m or so. So we'd need to compensate that difference elswhere as it's clear if Adeyemi will come here and succeed we won't sell him anytime soon and if he'd flop we wouldn't get anywhere near as much for him as Dortmund could when sold.

But OTOH Salzburg as a selling club also doesn't want to get a bad image with potential future players and their agents so don't expect them to hold out for a few millions and go against the player's will if Adeyemi would decide to come here as long as our offer will be at least somewhat comparable/competitive with other offers (which I think it will be if he's our priority). Ofc if PSG would suddenly come in with a 50m offer when we'd almost have a transfer agreed for 30m then I'd understand Salzburg trying to push him towards taking their offer (and he'd probably do it as they would probably also offer him double wages).

And that's why I think we're smart trying to do this transfer early when PSG still hopes to renew Mbappe, Madrid is concentrated on getting him and City's focus is probably on Kane. So Dortmund seems to be our biggest rival for Adeyemi's signature. We should take them seriously but at least we can compete with them financially (which is a strange thing to say but it's true in these times). So it's more up to the club to convince Adeyemi in our sporting plan. It would help us immensely if Xavi would start with a string of good results and we'd get into top 4 by January/February when I think a potential future transfer could be arranged. If we'll still be a midtable club at that time then signing Adeyemi (and other players on future deals) would be much tougher with serious chances to missing out on a CL football next year.

But I'm still quite optimistic that Xavi with a help of returning players will turn our season around.
'You're just nitpicking' 'He performed well against Lille'

I specifically said I didn't want to take one shit game and that I researched his domestic performances to form my judgement, to have a wide scope rather than just one game, and also mentioned the Lille game you reference. If you won't read the post before quoting then there's no point in responding.

Home of Barca Fans