Kylian Mbappé

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

If you told me 2 years ago that Real were getting Mbappe for free I would have been sick to my stomach, but 2 years is a long time in football.

In those 2 years, Mbappe has gone backwards and it has been proven time and time again that if you put a fast, fairly competent full back up against him, he is remarkably easy to contain.

From no good performances in UCL knockouts to now being non existent against international scrubs, there is a strong argument to make that Mbappe peaked early.

Mbappe is bobbins as a centre forward. He likes to work exclusively in the same space on the left side as Vinicius Jr. Looking at it now, there seems no easy fix for them both to play together.

The hope is that Madrid have gone to the bad old days of sacrificing team balance to fit in one more Galactico. I am more positive than ever that adding Mbappe will be a net negative for their team.

Maradona37

If you told me 2 years ago that Real were getting Mbappe for free I would have been sick to my stomach, but 2 years is a long time in football.

In those 2 years, Mbappe has gone backwards and it has been proven time and time again that if you put a fast, fairly competent full back up against him, he is remarkably easy to contain.

From no good performances in UCL knockouts to now being non existent against international scrubs, there is a strong argument to make that Mbappe peaked early.

Mbappe is bobbins as a centre forward. He likes to work exclusively in the same space on the left side as Vinicius Jr. Looking at it now, there seems no easy fix for them both to play together.

The hope is that Madrid have gone to the bad old days of sacrificing team balance to fit in one more Galactico. I am more positive than ever that adding Mbappe will be a net negative for their team.
I think I agree with most of that mate. I am not as confident as you that they're going back to the lack of balance Galactico days. However, I was a big fan of Mbappe since he made his debut.

However, he actually possesses a lot of the same 'qualities' on and off the pitch that I dislike about C Ronaldo, so I am not sure why I rated him that much. He's a high quality player and I easily prefer him to Haaland, but I don't think he's ever gonna be a top 20 player of all time.

He also plays with a great international team which goes some way to explain his great stats in World Cups, similar to C Ronaldo with Real Madrid at CL level.

Mbappe might be brilliant at Real Madrid. But, equally, he could upset the applecart and be a negative influence off the pitch. I feel he's stayed too long at PSG anyway and - like you say - he may have already peaked.

He is also reliant on his pace (while still having good technique) and once that goes, does he have the ability to alter his game? I am not convinced. Let's see what happens.

Morten

Mbappe can do some decent passes, touches and dribbles, when he has space.

He is not a playmaker though, i watched him drop deep for both PSG and France this year, and sufficive to say it was underwhelming.

Unlike CR though, he is not an all-time great header of the ball, nor is his finishing as good with his weaker foot either, so i'm not sure he has as much to fall back upon, once in his mid 30s.

khaled_a_d

Mbappe can do some decent passes, touches and dribbles, when he has space.

He is not a playmaker though, i watched him drop deep for both PSG and France this year, and sufficive to say it was underwhelming.

Unlike CR though, he is not an all-time great header of the ball, nor is his finishing as good with his weaker foot either, so i'm not sure he has as much to fall back upon, once in his mid 30s.

A lot of this can be developed as player ages.
And honestly, how many stars survive until mid 30's? Kroos and Thiago just retired at 34 & 33

Morten

A lot of this can be developed as player ages.
And honestly, how many stars survive until mid 30's? Kroos and Thiago just retired at 34 & 33

You can adapt to age, but you don't really devolop new technical skills past a certain stage, Mbappe becoming a central playmaker in the latter stage of his career isn't going to happen.

KingLeo10

He has been a massive disappointment since the WC final.

And his pace isn't as devastating as it used to be. And the other parts of his game aren't developing.

Morten

He has been a massive disappointment since the WC final.

And his pace isn't as devastating as it used to be. And the other parts of his game aren't developing.

Has the name, has his teams going far(even though had little to do with it), great stats in uber eats, and now has papa Flo on his side.

Reckon he is favorite if France fails upwards and wins the Euros.

El Gato

Villarato!
He's just genuinely checked out right into the gate and started moaning he doesn't feel fit enough after two sessions in Spain lmao

This guy

Hazard at least had a few months of decency before he activated the fat period

Home of Barca Fans