La Liga 2021/22

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Birdy

I was more irky to see them in contention last season, while they had been dog-shite the whole season,
Than seeing them winning it this season, when they are clearly better than all other teams

El Gato

Villarato!
The scary thing is what will happen if Mbappe + Haaland or one of them joins them.

Well, we have a long way to go so let's walk one step at a time.

Doesn't have to go the good direction.
Mbappe in fact could have negative influence in short term before it gets better. Has to find his spot on the pitch first

Even if we win nothing, this version of Vinicius is a thing to be forever thanking Ancelotti for

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It would be terrifying, but their md is in huge decline.
They haven't found successors to Kroos and Modric yet, so I am kind of optimistic there

Not saying he is necessarily a successor, but they have Camavinga in the CM/DM position and he can also score goals for them, right?

Mateka

The scary thing is what will happen if Mbappe + Haaland or one of them joins them.

Well, we have a long way to go so let's walk one step at a time.

Sadly RM are not going to wait for others to recover. They have a high spending budget and will use it to their advantage, ASAP, and as high as possible. They also have to hold onto their players, tho reports of Man Utd signing Vinicius appear erroneous.

Last edited:

Birdy

Not saying he is necessarily a successor, but they have Camavinga in the CM/DM position and he can also score goals for them, right?

Yes, good player and I wanted him at Barca.
But not yet there...
And the question is if he can click with Casemiro as well

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sadly RM are not going to wait for others to recover. They have a high spending budget and will use it to their advantage, ASAP, and as high as possible.

Of course they won't, why should they? The best thing happened to them is the genius mind of Florentino Perez and how he manages them. Them and Bayern are the only two big clubs that didn't have any losses in two consecutive years under COVID.

Laplacian

I swear it's always Madrid getting lucky with players. How the fuck did he go from a meme to a genuinely exceptional player within a single summer? And whilst our most high profile attacking transfers are either completely useless or planning to escape the club. They're all choosing to go there for free too, seriously fuck off...

Messigician

I swear it's always Madrid getting lucky with players. How the fuck did he go from a meme to a genuinely exceptional player within a single summer? And whilst our most high profile attacking transfers are either completely useless or planning to escape the club. They're all choosing to go there for free too, seriously fuck off...

Cope

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Vinicius was always supremely talented to be fair to him. He was memed for his shit finishing and that's something you can always improve. Also still like 21 years old.

He has the close control, 1v1 dribbling ability, technique to go along with his burst that gives him a World Class potential. He isn't really a dumb player either even though he might look like one.

If he doesn't become a World Class player it'll be due to him reverting back to being one of the worst finishers ever.

He has all the other tools unlike a certain other player we have. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about...

El Gato

Villarato!

Well... always?
Like, who?
I can think of four-five people who came aged 18-23 in the entirety of last decade and were undoubted success -> (in order) Varane, Casemiro, Fede, Vini (yes, even though he'd only just started kicking the ball in the goal properly, we all can kind of agree he's not likely to start missing en-masse after that mental block gone). Could maybe add Di Maria + Ozil if you wanted to as both were U23 but both rather 'made' players at the moment of transfer.
Out of Castilla at different times we had Jese, Morata, Carvajal, Nacho, Vazquez, Llorente, Reguilon + brought young Asensio, Vallejo, Odriozola, Ceballos from across Spain. Almost all of these (bar Carvajal and arguably Llorente who didnt even become as good as could at RM) are/were at most role players, some capable of excellent performances/stretches of form (Jese, Morata, Asensio).

What we always had, or at least in last 10-15 years, is what I'd consider a very good scouting team in South America for players that are worth a punt. Since the shambles period of 2002-05 we barely invest in players like Diogo, Pablo Garcia, Cicinho..
There was a guy who was named at some point but I could swear it's one guy responsible for pointing out everyone from Marcelo to Militao to Jose Angel Sanchez. And that's not only Brazil, Argentina too.
Track record being Marcelo, Higuain, Garay, Gago, Fabinho (a loan to Castilla, then went Monaco), Casemiro, Lucas Silva, Fede, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Militao + indirectly Danilo, Di Maria.
Could argue all were very good acquisitions but Silva (who also had heart problems after), Gago (IMO he had some level of talent, but was a headcase at a time where had no right coach to sort him out and used to get injured all the bloody time) and Danilo who is the most overachieving scrub in world football.

I don't know if this belongs in 'luck' conversation. Or not as it's framed regarding Barcelona.
When Barca are talked about as lucky it's because it's frustrating to see a rather anomalous looking cycle appear where you have 4 or 5 of these exceptionally mature (for their age) players popping out of La Masia (or brought there to spend sometime below first team level, ergo Pedri) at the same time where Barca, somewhat by necessity, have to use them and reap benefits of developing their talent very early on in their careers without paying shit.
This 'luck' also tends to posit a club in a better position than clubs trying to iron out kinks in players who have already been noticed elsewhere at lower league level, especially in a league this barren currently.
Nobody gets mad at Barca losing with kids because all know they're in the shit financially and literally can't do anything about it but play them. That said it's annoying that you see likelihood club may be bailed out of this in 1-2-3 years when these guys really explode as trend suggests.
By contrast, you have a club trying really fucking hard to marry up the age transition with right financial and playing time investments in youth and trying to win now because rival is weak, while also trying to be better than rival will be in 1-2-3 years WITHOUT letting players who are supposed to lead in a few years get out there and make mistakes to learn and be stronger later.

That's why luck is framed like this regard Barca and not so much with others.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans