• Atletico de Madrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sevilla

• Other

• Total voters

fergus90

I think defending in general is somewhat of a lost art. Both full backs are required to be great attacking outlets first and foremost and the main characteristic for a CB is being able to distribute from the back bit like the keeper.

KingLeo10

That's what I'm saying, the teams that are supposed to be the best are comically bad at keeping their shit together. In these conditions, a dark horse like Benfica, or a notorious winning mentality club like Madrid are in it on good odds to get far.

Bayern could do it, but last year they lost to Villareal, so they also have some massive potential of fucking up.

Bayern don't have Neuer or Lucas Hernandez. And currently, they don't have a striker either

fergus90

That's what I'm saying, the teams that are supposed to be the best are comically bad at keeping their shit together. In these conditions, a dark horse like Benfica, or a notorious winning mentality club like Madrid are in it on good odds to get far.

Bayern could do it, but last year they lost to Villareal, so they also have some massive potential of fucking up.

Every team can in the CL, it?s fine margins. I?d like City to win it tbh.

Morten

City should be everyone's favorite choice for CL this season. Haaland CL would cool down Mbappe dancing. Pep gets his CL without Messi-Xavi-Iniesta and solidifies himself as coaching GOAT.

Would you really trust City in an UCL final against anyone but a fellow UCL-bottler?

fergus90

Bayern don't have Neuer or Lucas Hernandez. And currently, they don't have a striker either

Probably gonna get some heat for this but I think Neuer has been kinda finished for last 18 months. Let’s in a lot of shots you think he should be saving.

KingLeo10

Probably gonna get some heat for this but I think Neuer has been kinda finished for last 18 months. Let’s in a lot of shots you think he should be saving.

I mean, I don't watch Bayern regularly, so you're likely right. I just know even this diminished version of Neuer didn't let in a single goal v us in 4 games in last 2 years :lewa:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
City will bottle as they did before, that Barca gene brought by Pep will let them down again.

PSG won’t stand a chance either, would be lucky if they beat Bayern.

But, who are we EL leaguers to worry about the CL? We should think about the league. From what I read Madrid didn’t play well, as they did most of the time but always managed to get something out of it. Those cockroaches.

KingLeo10

City will bottle as they did before, that Barca gene brought by Pep will let them down again.

PSG won’t stand a chance either, would be lucky if they beat Bayern.

But, who are we EL leaguers to worry about the CL? We should think about the league. From what I read Madrid didn’t play well, as they did most of the time but always managed to get something out of it. Those cockroaches.

I don't know where this notion surfaced that we're bottlers. Aside from those two EV specials, I can't think of other instances (even Carlo's Milan had Deportivo and Pool). We're either staggeringly great or completely shit. Not much in between.

serghei

I don't know where this notion surfaced that we're bottlers. Aside from those two EV specials, I can't think of other instances (even Carlo's Milan had Deportivo and Pool). We're either staggeringly great or completely shit. Not much in between.

Yeah, true.

fergus90

If PSG sort their defence out with a signing like Skriniar or something they’d definitely be in with a shout this time around.

There are some cracking ties to look forward to!

Birdy

Bayern are the favorites from what we saw before WC.
Not having a striker worked great for them, their attack is fluid and multi-faceted
In general Nagelsman optimized many things since last season, and using Villareal as some proof is a bad argument

2nd fav is City, then the rest

Surprises can happen. Benfica is solid as was said.
Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea under Potter pulls a shocking run towards another final or trophy

Long way to go and a lot of things can change of course.

Home of Barca Fans