• Atletico de Madrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sevilla

• Other

• Total voters

serghei

Said it the other day mate, this RM is far from good this season. Last season when they were mounting these comebacks they were a much better team in the league because Benzema and Vini were clinical together. They do not do title defences, it's been 17 years since the last.

My commentator said their points total is not far off from last season, just that Barca have picked up so many points over what they did last year. I think Bayern lost more points in Bundesliga this season than Madrid in La Liga. It's just that there is no one consistent there to punish them.

ajnotkeith

Nothing "happened" , its been like this most of this season.
The only difference between this and last season is that Benzema was incredible last season and now is washed up.

Problem with Benzema today is he kept hovering outside the box instead of getting in there and being a receiver.

Wants to one two with people all the way into the net but it doesn't always work like that against compact defenses.

fergus90

My commentator said their points total is not far off from last season, just that Barca have picked up so many points over what they did last year. I think Bayern lost more points in Bundesliga this season than Madrid in La Liga. It's just that there is no one consistent there to punish them.

Madrid lack a cutting edge to me this year, Benzema and Vinicius were so sharp and clutch for them last season. They generally play fine but lack any presence in the box.

Dortmund are joint top with Bayern. Judging by German participation in the CL and EL, they've quietly gone under the radar and improved massively whilst everyone focuses on the Premier League vs La Liga debate.

serghei

Madrid lack a cutting edge to me this year, Benzema and Vinicius were so sharp and clutch for them last season. They generally play fine but lack any presence in the box.

Dortmund are joint top with Bayern. Judging by German participation in the CL and EL, they've quietly gone under the radar and improved massively whilst everyone focuses on the Premier League vs La Liga debate.

Bundesliga always was close to the big leagues in quality of football, but lack of a serious club that is consistent all the way and is similar to Bayern in stature hurts them big time.

Morten

Anyway, this season RM is somewhat reminiscent of the later years of Galacticos, veterans could turn up for a big game in Europe, but not up to much domestically due to age etc.

serghei

This is where Madrid lacking a style hurts them. They have no discernible way of playing as they are basically a mix of athletes that are individually great at what they do. When you rely so much on individual class of players, it's hard to make them turn up every week.

fergus90

Bundesliga always was close to the big leagues in quality of football, but lack of a serious club that is consistent all the way and is similar to Bayern in stature hurts them big time.

Yeah, I always enjoy watching it. Counter-attacking and exciting games generally. Plus they make ticket prices affordable for fans so every game is packed out.

I would actually like to go to a Dortmund game and experience the Yellow Wall.

Horatio

You're welcome
This is where Madrid lacking a style hurts them. They have no discernible way of playing as they are basically a mix of athletes that are individually great at what they do. When you rely so much on individual class of players, it's hard to make them turn up every week.

Won them a crazy number of CL's though. So who's to say they chose poorly?

serghei

Yeah, I always enjoy watching it. Counter-attacking and exciting games generally. Plus they make ticket prices affordable for fans so every game is packed out.

I would actually like to go to a Dortmund game and experience the Yellow Wall.

True, Bundesliga and EPL are the only leagues where I sometimes catch a bit of a random game like an Everton vs Southampton, or a Gladbach vs Mainz or something. Rarely watch anything from Spain or Italy that doesn't involve a big club.

KingLeo10

Serie A in its heyday had the most parity. In fact, it was probably what football league pioneers envisioned when they thought of such a competition/format.

Home of Barca Fans