La Liga 24/25

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Maradona37

Villarreal is probably the most fun team to watch at start of this season. 17-15 goal difference after 8 games so 4 goals on average in their games.

Celta not far behind them, 15-15 gd.

Quick math says only in Leverkusen, Stuttgart (both 14-10 gd in 5 games; 4,8 goals in their games), Barca (25-9; 4,25) and Bayern (17-4; 4,2) games there are more goals. Maybe I've missed some.

But as a neutral I prefer to watch teams that both score a lot and are also leaky defensively rather than a team just beating crap out of their opponents.

Having said all that I fully expect a boring 0-0 draw on Saturday at Bernabeu. Tbf would take that but more likely will be a 1-0 Madrid with another questionable penaldo.

Really looking forward to Sunday too, some great games. Girona-Athletic, Alaves-Barca, Sevilla-Betis and Sociedad-Atletico. Will probably watch football all day, lol.
Do you still follow La Liga quite a lot then mate (other than barca?) You seem to have a lot of knowledge of the league. Just remember you saying you were fed up of football in general these days. Is your appetite for it there sometimes?

Messi983

I try to avoid "BIG" teams and "BIG" games that most people are hyped about. They usually end up boring and disappointing.

I still follow La Liga, watch Villarreal (always had a soft spot for them), both Seville teams, Girona and Bilbao when I can. Sociedad a bit less as they're not exactly playing that well anymore but like them as a team too. Celta is quite fun as well this season.

Don't watch Madrid unless they play one of the above mentioned teams away when there are chanes they drop points. Also don't watch Atletico much as they are boring although I like their team.

I try to keep up with Segunda more, have watched Zaragoza and Malaga a few times. Still need to see Depor in action.

Don't watch big 6 PL teams (especially not playing each other) as I don't like any of them outside of Spurs (but I only saw bits of their game vs United so far this season). Probably because they've not won anything serious for decades and don't have annoying fans like other teams, lol. But I mostly follow Brighton. Try to also keep up with Bournemouth because of Iraola and now they have our boy Araujo too. Haven't watched them much yet though. Same with Villa who I also like. Maybe will watch them tomorrow vs Bayern.

In BL I occasionally watch Leverkusen and Leipzig. I've not watched Ligue 1 but plan to see Marseille in near future. I think they play PSG soon so will probably watch that game. Atalanta (not watched them this season) and Roma who has been my favorite Serie A team since they've last won Scudetto under Capello are only teams I follow in Italy but don't care about Roma that much since they did DDR dirty.

Also like Portuguese league because it's one of the leagues I can watch on TV and don't need to look for streams. Always try to catch up Sporting games but Porto with Big Samu and our boy Nico have an interesting team too.

And in Europe I follow Spanish clubs (not Madrid ofc) and don't care much about others especially in this new format where seemingly there will be even more one-sided games. Surely not what UEFA wanted. Still early days but doesn't look good. Maybe things will get more interesting in last 2-3 rounds. We'll have to wait and see.

Maradona37

I try to avoid "BIG" teams and "BIG" games that most people are hyped about. They usually end up boring and disappointing.

I still follow La Liga, watch Villarreal (always had a soft spot for them), both Seville teams, Girona and Bilbao when I can. Sociedad a bit less as they're not exactly playing that well anymore but like them as a team too. Celta is quite fun as well this season.

Don't watch Madrid unless they play one of the above mentioned teams away when there are chanes they drop points. Also don't watch Atletico much as they are boring although I like their team.

I try to keep up with Segunda more, have watched Zaragoza and Malaga a few times. Still need to see Depor in action.

Don't watch big 6 PL teams (especially not playing each other) as I don't like any of them outside of Spurs (but I only saw bits of their game vs United so far this season). Probably because they've not won anything serious for decades and don't have annoying fans like other teams, lol. But I mostly follow Brighton. Try to also keep up with Bournemouth because of Iraola and now they have our boy Araujo too. Haven't watched them much yet though. Same with Villa who I also like. Maybe will watch them tomorrow vs Bayern.

In BL I occasionally watch Leverkusen and Leipzig. I've not watched Ligue 1 but plan to see Marseille in near future. I think they play PSG soon so will probably watch that game. Atalanta (not watched them this season) and Roma who has been my favorite Serie A team since they've last won Scudetto under Capello are only teams I follow in Italy but don't care about Roma that much since they did DDR dirty.

Also like Portuguese league because it's one of the leagues I can watch on TV and don't need to look for streams. Always try to catch up Sporting games but Porto with Big Samu and our boy Nico have an interesting team too.

And in Europe I follow Spanish clubs (not Madrid ofc) and don't care much about others especially in this new format where seemingly there will be even more one-sided games. Surely not what UEFA wanted. Still early days but doesn't look good. Maybe things will get more interesting in last 2-3 rounds. We'll have to wait and see.
Thanks for the info mate, was very good to read.

I know what you mean - I have a real respect for 'second tier' teams too like Benfica (modern Benfica), Porto, Sociedad, Villarreal, Betis, Sevilla, Athletic Club, Valencia, Leverkusen, Leipzig, Marseille, PSV, Ajax (modern Ajax), Brighton, Villa, Galatasaray, Napoli, Fener, and so on and so on. These are the clubs that are not elite and not so far away it's boring (as you suggest), but are still good enough to compete with elite teams and bloody their nose. These sort of teams always have good players who can damage anyone, and their games are generally not blowouts unlike the elite teams.

Home of Barca Fans