La Liga | Round 19: Mallorca - FC Barcelona 0-1

Porque

Registration doesn?t open until January 3rd in La Liga. I assume it?s the same for the B-team?

Yep, but the League of Barcelona B isn't under LaLiga. So I was wondering if there was just a general banner rule (eg, all B players and registered youth players are eligable to participate for their professional club) rather than each player being individually registered for LaLiga.

So in theory, if the Liga RFEF allows for registrations on Jan 1st they could be eligable for LaLiga.

Extremely small chance it would happen, but curious on the potential loophole.

delancey

Yep, but the League of Barcelona B isn't under LaLiga. So I was wondering if there was just a general banner rule (eg, all B players and registered youth players are eligable to participate for their professional club) rather than each player being individually registered for LaLiga.

So in theory, if the Liga RFEF allows for registrations on Jan 1st they could be eligable for LaLiga.

Perhaps we?ll get lucky!

behindbrowneyes

At this point both clubs should consider fielding COVID players and let them battle it out behind closed doors. COVID Mallorca vs. COVID Barca, coaching through ZOOM.

Messi983

It's desperation time. LaLiga bureaucracy sucks, but can a B signing be registered in the Liga RFEF on Jan 1st and then qualify for playing in LaLiga under the youth system eligibility rulings?

Don't think it can. Who would that B signing be that you would throw straight into the first team?

What's the status in Mallorca? Last I read they were also missing a bunch of players.

The last I've read they've had 7 positive on Tuesday (4 players, 3 members of coaching staff). Doesn't look too bad compared to our situation.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Xavi has said previously there is a rule of no more than 3 B team players, but LaLiga rules on COVID is you can still field an 11 with 5 first team players (so presumably 6 from the B team)?

There may be a workaround, or a special COVID rule

Windhook

La Liga rules state that unless clubs are left with 5 healthy first team players games will proceed. Minimum of 13 players have to be present on the pitch on each team, thus meaning Xavi could hand a few B team players their debut in the next few games.

MTL_Barca

Who is even left now? :lol:

ter Stegen
Araujo Pique Eric Mingueza
Frenkie Nico Puig
Ilias Jutgla ???

Medical staff should just declare a couple more players injured for some BS reason to get the game postponed lol

Last edited:

Messi983

FH4WlIEWYAIFZW0

Home of Barca Fans