La Liga Round 2: Barca - Athletic Bilbao 2-1

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iniestaGOAT

This is the problem with football nowadays, too many matches being played, the players pushed to their absolute limit and even further, just to give the viewers what they want (with UEFA and the leagues themselves making huge amounts of money in the progress), but these changes in the number of matches are pushing the game itself to develop a different way, to dose players, have wider benches etc. and as a result, I think we have lower quality matches now than they were 10-15 years ago.

Only problem I see is too many international matches.

Let them play. And let us watch.
Stop whining.

Masetro10

This is the problem with football nowadays, too many matches being played, the players pushed to their absolute limit and even further, just to give the viewers what they want (with UEFA and the leagues themselves making huge amounts of money in the progress), but these changes in the number of matches are pushing the game itself to develop a different way, to dose players, have wider benches etc. and as a result, I think we have lower quality matches now than they were 10-15 years ago.
Barca played 56 matches in 2014

Barca played 61 matches last season

BJJ

I'm worried about playing at "home". I hate the Olympic stadium. It has no spark, no atmosphere. Can't wait to be playing back a the Nou.

Loki

I'm worried about playing at "home". I hate the Olympic stadium. It has no spark, no atmosphere. Can't wait to be playing back a the Nou.
But without the olympic stadium, we wouldn't have been able to rebuild the Camp Nou in the first place since the club is in no position to play 2 seasons in the B stadium with 6000 seats. It's like a hated old grandpa, whom you still visit sometimes because without him you wouldn't be born.

TheStig

Will Balde be ready?

It would be interesting to see how Montjuic greets Nico but there probably won't be any reaction since we don't have fans but theater spectators.

Reactions: BJJ

Loki

As soon as we're standing above the Madrid clubs, LaLiga is giving us Manzano. Mr. Apple gonna fuck us over again, ain't he
:lol:

𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋: Jesus Gil Manzano will be the referee for Barcelona - Athletic Club on Saturday. Valentin Pizarro Gomez will be in charge of VAR. #fcblive

mdenci

Barca played 56 matches in 2014

Barca played 61 matches last season
Well, that really doesn't seem like a big difference, at least at club level, but what about the players? They have international duties too. Take Pedri's 20/21 season, he played 73 games and since then he's rarely fit (although this is an extreme example, but you get my point).
Also, Spanish Super Cup is now being played in Saudi Arabia, with intentions of moving even some league games to USA. I think all of this inter-continental traveling takes it's toll on the players. I know that the players get their every need covered in terms of massages, therapies, medication, hidratation, blood analysis and all of that stuff, but sometimes even if the staff can see that a player is not fully fit, he needs to step in and (basically) do his job. They are (over)payed, I know, but the point of my post was the direction the game is taking to compensate for these things.

Andresito

Staff member
Flick: "Fermín is ready to help us. He is ready to help the team."
Flick: "Olmo is ready to play. We hope he'll be with us tomorrow."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Great news about Fermin considering uncertainty with Olmo, 3 matches in a week and absolute trash that Ferran is.

Home of Barca Fans