La Liga Round 4: Barca - Real Valladolid 7-0

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Porque

I remember some people, you know who you are, said nothing will change with Flick because the shit football wasn't all Xavi's fault.

Well then.

On a positive note, it's fun to watch us play again, win or lose.

They were trying to cash cheques after the Gamper game too.

Maybe we should send them their receipts.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Only gripe about this match was his Subs.

Can understand starting the match with our strongest 11. Flick is new, and doesn't want to take risks.

But why not sub out all the important players after 3-0 up at halftime? Lamine, Raphinha, Cubarsi. Even Pedri

We can't afford to have injuries with these players. I will take a 4-1 victory while players rested and safe.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Flick's pace is so refreshing after 2,5 years of Xavi's chess football, just builing triangles on the field. Rapha benefits most out of it.
Flick builds far more triangles than Xavi; his are just far more dynamic and through the middle. Triangles on the wings do nothing but shut the team down most of the time.

Co0ter

Xavi played our wingers isolated on the wings against the sideline, had acres of space between our midfielders and then added a high defensive line playing an offsides trap to the recipe for an absolute disaster.

The worst part is he did it for 2 years straight. Like, he didn't recognize the problem or change anything. He made us watch that disjointed, garbage football for over 2 years straight.

We won the league due to the defense and Ter Stegen playing really well, RM having a bad off year and some luck sprinkled in during some undeserved close wins. We won the league DESPITE him.

Flick off to a great start, in both style and results. Let's go.

Co0ter

Only grip about this match was his Subs.

Can understand starting the match with our strongest 11. Flick is new, and doesn't want to take risks.

But why not sub out all the important players after 3-0 up at halftime? Lamine, Raphinha, Cubarsi. Even Pedri

We can't afford to have injuries with these players. I will take a 4-1 victory while players rested and safe.
I agree on this point too. He should of subbed more of the top performers earlier to avoid injury. Maybe not at half time, but at least by 65th.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I agree on this point too. He should of subbed more of the top performers earlier to avoid injury. Maybe not at half time, but at least by 65th.
Raphinha has been our workhorse. I can't imagine how this guy just runs and runs.

If anyone has his stats for km ran per game this season. It should be insane.

Same for Yamal, guy's have been playing nonstop since last year Feb or so. At 17 years old. LOL

MontenegrinCuler

What I like the most about this win is the huge mental boost it gives to our players. Raphinha with a hattrick, Olmo with another goal, Lewa with more goals, Lamine with another world class performance, Cubarsi with that assist. Gives them confidence.

The only downside if they got carried away with this win. But the way I see it, that's not happening with Flick in charge. We were 7 goals up and this man was standing next to the line, deadass serious with a straight face. One would think it's 0-0. A little happy face and hands up when we score and quickly move on. I'm pretty sure he'll hand the same mentality to our players.

Attachments

• GWUyFpNWIAAoVwl.jpeg
    GWUyFpNWIAAoVwl.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 7

Loki

Hansi Flick:
"The team did very well. From the beginning, they were at 100%, with pressure and a lot of intensity."
"I'm happy for the fans, their chants are for the team. The people on the streets give us a lot of energy and there's a great mentality and atmosphere in the team."
"When you see how the fans are excited after the victory, you see that the team doesn't lose intensity after 7 goals, it's very good. This makes the fans feel proud. We are here to give our best."
"I'm proud to be told I'm the signing of the transfer window, but we're only in the fourth game and that can change quickly. Obviously I'm happy that the fans are satisfied, that's one of my goals."
"Before the pre-season we had already analysed everything from top to bottom, I have to thank Deco. They have hired a lot of experts for the team staff, the medical team is excellent. This also empowers the players, knowing that they are in good hands."
I spoke to Casadó about the situation of the match, I told him how he should be in front of the defenders. I like the players to come and ask questions, to talk in order to improve."
"Sergi Domínguez had an excellent pre-season. He has improved a lot since then and that is why he played today. He will help us a lot."

Iniesta Ultra

Valladolid gave us a ton of space, pressed less (almost none at all) than mid level MLS teams. That said against a proper opponent we'd probably still have scored three goals today.

Rags still fucked up a lot of balls. We need to work Victor in on these easy matches so we don't activate rags +1 year contract. Donkey still not a long term solution nor the answer against RM, AM, Girona, and in CL.

Home of Barca Fans