La Liga Round 5: Girona - Barca 1-4

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Good early test for both the team and Flick, especially coming off the international break which is traditionally prone to banana peel performances

Importantly though, tactically how Flick has studied Michel to prepare for a spirited encounter

I am curious to see that first 20-30 min in terms of effort and whether they arrive with the appropriate intensity to assume control of the contest

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This summer I predicted that for Flick key will be to survive until winter and thus avoid the initial pressure as knives (normally hidden under Xavi tenure) would be out fast.

Now the demanding stretch begins for our thin squad. It will be an interesting ride.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Even if Fermin wouldn't have been injured, this is a game you don't rest players. They'll be rested as they have the only free week for the foreseeable future and you play Girona away who were 3rd last season.
I think Flick will use the only at home game this month against Getafe to rest. 3 consecutive games with Girona, Monaco and Villareal all away are all diffictult and important. The schedule is brutal.
October will be even worse. After the international break, barca plays in Sevilla, Bayern München and in Madrid the clasico all in one week.

I just looked at the schedule ahead, the first full free week our players will have will be the first week of December. That'll be 16 games + 2 international breaks, meaning 20 games in total in the coming 3 months.
That's sick! Fuck international break btw...

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Whatever happens vs Girona, at least we know with Flickball we will be entertained.

Madrid can have all the Galacticos in the world and yet will never cease to bore my tits off. And I'm not the only one. Barca games are getting way more views than those of Mbappe, Vini, Bellingham and co, even in a Madrid fan stronghold like Spain.

Reminds me why, during all these barren years and European humiliations and whilst Real won everything, I never once questioned my choice of club to support.

Box Office Barca is back.

MontenegrinCuler

Whatever happens vs Girona, at least we know with Flickball we will be entertained.

Madrid can have all the Galacticos in the world and yet will never cease to bore my tits off. And I'm not the only one. Barca games are getting way more views than those of Mbappe, Vini, Bellingham and co, even in a Madrid fan stronghold like Spain.

Reminds me why, during all these barren years and European humiliations and whilst Real won everything, I never once questioned my choice of club to support.

Box Office Barca is back.
Well said Don

Idk how those people can support a club that plays so disgusting football week in week out yet always gets out with a point either through a penalty or some stupid opp mistake

It's probably all about the crazy UCL nights which can give banger games sometimes, but even then Madrid is not playing watchable football

No wonder UCL is the only important thing in football for them, they suck at everything else.

Loki

It's probably all about the crazy UCL nights
It's a surety. Their CL triumphs are the only reason the fanbase is tolerating this and not waving white tissues each home game. But then again, it's Ancelotti's probably last season there and they can start playing attractive again with a new coach. Especially if they get Alonso next summer.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
16.15, Xavi would already be bitching about the "early" start etc :lol: Jokes aside, this is going to be fun I hope - damn shame we don't have more players at our disposal, at least Gavi would be nice to have back.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lewa said that young players shouldnt expect to play on a high level for more than 10 years. Flick must take care of minutes played in this busy period.

Loki

Lewa said that young players shouldnt expect to play on a high level for more than 10 years. Flick must take care of minutes played in this busy period.
Flick has 17 available "first team" players, of which are 2 goalkeepers. He also has the youngest, meaning the less experienced LaLiga squad with 24y average. The atletic boys Flick keep adding are young third division players. How much can he rotate in this situation? Especially if people keep demanding win after win?
How can Flick for example rest Cubarsi and still have a decent defense? Who should play there and still win LL games? Inigo is also a player who is known for injuries. It's surprising that he still holds out I'd say.

People should stop demanding unrealistic things. It's either keep winning and pushing these boys, or rotating them with even younger boys from the third division and losing games.

Xavi would already be bitching about the "early" start etc :lol:
Xavi would have been on the stands by now sitting out his first red card probably.

Home of Barca Fans