La Liga Round 5: Girona - Barca 1-4

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loki

Perfect time to rest Olmo and get Fermin a game. Protect these players!
Even if Fermin wouldn't have been injured, this is a game you don't rest players. They'll be rested as they have the only free week for the foreseeable future and you play Girona away who were 3rd last season.
I think Flick will use the only at home game this month against Getafe to rest. 3 consecutive games with Girona, Monaco and Villareal all away are all diffictult and important. The schedule is brutal.
October will be even worse. After the international break, barca plays in Sevilla, Bayern München and in Madrid the clasico all in one week.

I just looked at the schedule ahead, the first full free week our players will have will be the first week of December. That'll be 16 games + 2 international breaks, meaning 20 games in total in the coming 3 months.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
What I like so far about Flick that, for me, is decidedly different (apart from initial start against Rayo) is that he has scouted the opposition well in preparation and there are no tactical surprises. The effort has mostly been there from the start

Michel will have Girona motivated as well to get a good start so after I-break, important to hit the ground running again

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Gala XI y nada mas. You don't fuck around away at Girona these days. Players need to be rested but this game ain't the one for that. Neither is Villarreal away.

If any resting should be done this week, it should be the middle game Vs Monaco. We can lose that one and still have a great chance to finish Top8. Top16 isn't the end of the world either, as would likely end up facing a fairly easy opponent.

Andresito

Staff member
Our last internationals (ter Stegen, Cuba, Torre) play today so plenty of rest ahead of the game. Balde, Iñigo and Raphinha didn't play anything so they should be fresh.

ter Stegen
Kounde, Cubarsi, Iñigo, Balde
Pedri, Casado, Olmo
Yamal, Lewy, Raphinha

Can see them also starting vs Monaco. Perhaps Eric for Cubarsi.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Our last internationals (ter Stegen, Cuba, Torre) play today so plenty of rest ahead of the game. Balde, Iñigo and Raphinha didn't play anything so they should be fresh.

ter Stegen
Kounde, Cubarsi, Iñigo, Balde
Pedri, Casado, Olmo
Yamal, Lewy, Raphinha

Can see them also starting vs Monaco. Perhaps Eric for Cubarsi.

Poor Girona though, 3 days later they have to play against PSG in Paris!

We should finish them early so they can chill at the end and save energy for Dembouz and Co.

Loki

Ok guys fun is over in 3days away match in Girona!

If we win this match we can start to dream
You can always dream, even before the season started. But to take anything away from the current table it needs a bit more than 5 jornadas. I'd make the first predictions after the clasico at the end of October.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Love these early games.

I hope Flick rests Yamal. The boy needs some.
Girona is not the same team it should be easy one. They mainly attack from the right side, Balde needs to up his defensive game.
I won't be surprised if Flicks starts Martin for his defensive abilities, and we mostly create throughout Right. Ala the Rayo Vallecano 1st half.

1-2 for us if we rest some key players.
1-4 if we go full tilt.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans