La Liga Round 6: Villarreal - Barca 1-5

M3ls

The first BIG test of the current season.

Villarreal is very good both in terms of the quality of play and the level of players. Marcelino with his favorite 4-4-2 formation.

This team is definitely stronger than Monaco. I hope that there will be no early red cards for either us or Villarreal and we will see what this team is capable of against such a good opponent.

Loki

Marc Casadó and Pedri González have stayed in the gym today. It's serious, and they will be available tomorrow. It's Hansi Flick's decision to take care of them.
@victor_nahe

Loki

Hansi Flick's press conference ahead of tomorrow's match:
"We analyzed everything and saw good things against Monaco, but at the end we lost. We will do the same for Villarreal but with same desire and passion."
"I believe Pedri and Casado will play against Villarreal. They're feeling better."
"I spoke with Eric about the situation. In the end, you have to see what is in the best interest of the team, and I currently see him as a 6. He is in good condition and is ready to play as a number 6 or even as a central defender."
"Gavi and Frenkie? Not in our plans for this weekend. We have 8 players unavailable so we focus on the ones who are here. Frenkie is doing better and we are taking extreme good care of him and Gavi."
"No full squad? That's fine and I don't think about that. What I have is a team. These things happens to other clubs also with unlucky injuries, but we have to manage and overcome that."
"Ansu? When you come back from an injury, you have to adapt. We communicate well with him and assign trainers to give him an opportunity. He will come back and I'm sure of that."
"I see Ansu on an another level and I'm sure he can help us alot."

"I think one of Marc's strongest skill is his possession on the ball, and that's also our style of play. He may have made a mistake, but everyone does and it's normal, but what's important is we overcome and be better."

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I see no Poll. Mods?

Lineup should be the same as Monaco.
Kounde ---- Cuba---- Inigo ---- Balde
--- Casado ------Eric-----
Yamal ------ Pedri ------- Raphinha
------------ Lewa--------

If it were me, I would take out Tractor for Pau Victor. Maybe we can try Pablo in the midfield aswell :-
Kounde, Cuba, Inigo,Balde
Casado , Pedri
Raphinha, Torre, Ansu
Pau Victor

MontenegrinCuler

I'd also hand Victor a start, definitely. Even if Lewa was performing good, which is not the case, he's old af and probably needs some rest as well.

But definitely wouldn't start Eric again. Would much rather have one of Torre/Raphinha on AM and Ansu on the wing.

Home of Barca Fans