La Liga Round 6: Villarreal - Barca 1-5

Masetro10

Biggest game of the season so far. If Barca goes into Villareal and sparks them out 4-0 the league is in reach. A draw or a loss and honestly it won't be looking too hot. We need to keep riding the momentum so we can build up for the judgement day game vs RM in October. If Barca can go into that game on a major roll and land a victory against RM the league will be pretty much finished for RM.

wiseman

well, for barca future and for the greater benefit of barca, i hope Ter shit fucks up big time with many blunders
and we lose big time, so maybe we can get rid of this trash keeper Now before its to late for the rest of the
season

Loki

GYERQzcXIAAAlJW

Shouldn't expect too much with this squad, consisting of 11 tired players playing every 3rd day and others just fillers from Barca Atletic. I hope we can steal a win here, but draw/lose wouldn't be too surprising here. Especially when Villareal starts to bring fresh players and Flick needs to decide if it's better to run on tired legs as it was against Monaco or bring in third division players and hope for the best.

There isn't even a discussion about the starting lineup, since that's the only one possible:

-------------MAtS
Kounde-Cubarsi-Inigo-Balde
--------Casado- Eric
Lamine----Pedri-----Rapha
------------Lewy

serghei

I know it's early, but it's the first big game to see what the team is made of under Flick. Normally, we respond after the disappointing match in CL and beat Villareal, but it's still a tricky game because they are in good form too.

We win here and the Monaco match is just a bad game we moved past swiftly.

MontenegrinCuler

If Terrorist destroys this match too he's fucked
GYERQzcXIAAAlJW

Shouldn't expect too much with this squad, consisting of 11 tired players playing every 3rd day and others just fillers from Barca Atletic. I hope we can steal a win here, but draw/lose wouldn't be too surprising here. Especially when Villareal starts to bring fresh players and Flick needs to decide if it's better to run on tired legs as it was against Monaco or bring in third division players and hope for the best.

There isn't even a discussion about the starting lineup, since that's the only one possible:

-------------MAtS
Kounde-Cubarsi-Inigo-Balde
--------Casado- Eric
Lamine----Pedri-----Rapha
------------Lewy
Its possible to give Pablo Torre a start as well
Or maybe give Ansu a start and move Rapha centrally
But yeah maybe Flick wants to see Eric again

Loki

I know it's early, but it's the first big game to see what the team is made of under Flick. Normally, we respond after the disappointing match in CL and beat Villareal, but it's still a tricky game because they are in good form too.
A coach is no mage. If the team is tired, because the same players have to play every 3rd game for weeks without options to rotate, a coach can't do anything. These games don't show the whole picture of Flick's work.

Its possible to give Pablo Torre a start as well
Or maybe give Ansu a start and move Rapha centrally
But yeah maybe Flick wants to see Eric again
Fati just returned from a very long injury and he is injury prone. Flick gave him like 5 minutes against Monaco, so I will be surprised if he gets more than 15 here. You can't start him, you need to build up his physical load step by step.
Torre isn't a player you can start in an away game in Villareal, with the goal to win it.

serghei

A coach is no mage. If the team is tired, because the same players have to play every 3rd game for weeks without options to rotate, a coach can't do anything. These games don't show the hole picture of Flick's work.

I have said all along that his job is difficult. A big part of the difficulty is managing what you wrote above. He still needs to get it done, that's the pressure he is under.

Home of Barca Fans