La Liga Uncle Florentino 2016/2017

Who will win La liga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ritchie

Dude, some of you drive me nuts. We won three titles in 2016. La Liga, Copa and Supercopa. How can it be an awful year? It's better than 90% of the years Barcelona ever had probably. So much drama in this period...

Lucho and the team better win the next two games, or the atmosphere in here will be unbearable.

Won the league because of 2015 form (remember beating Real 4-0 away) and being 12 points clear yet almost blowing it. Won the cup but there was no Real because they got kicked out in 2015.

2015 was a great Barca year. 2016 has been the pits.

serghei

We beat plenty of teams in 2016. And since the loss vs Valencia, we won all games left and received 0 goals. I'd say that is a good end of the season and that the team regrouped and pulled itself together. Won the Copa after being down to 10 men for a lot of time. Won the Supercopa clearly, by winning 5-0 aggregate. Was close to knock out AM in the Champions League, and we should have won that first leg game by 3 or 4-1 at least, hitting the post and missing a lot of clear chances.

Just because we got knocked out from the CL doesn't mean we didn't have a good year. It wasn't perfect, but it was still a great year.

RevoTeller

Dude, some of you drive me nuts. We won three titles in 2016. La Liga, Copa and Supercopa. How can it be an awful year? It's better than 90% of the years Barcelona ever had probably. So much drama in this period...

Lucho and the team better win the next two games, or the atmosphere in here will be unbearable.

Of course, if you look at it that way, they are great results, but if you consider how this team used to play up to March, and how we totally broke down after the losses, how the chemistry of the team is totally broken since then and how there are no signals of improvement (we are getting worse and worse), now tell me how this year can be considered as positive.
On top of that, add Real winning the CL again (luck and horrible displays yes, but at the end of the day it makes 2 in 3 years for them), add Portugal winning the Euros, add that we are now behind them of 7 points (which could be ten at the end of the next week), and tell me how the overall situation can be considered as good.
Also, Messi is not Clark Kent nor an alien, he can't win titles by himself in an 11-men sport and, besides him, the team right now sucks a lot in every single department.

There is no positive trend for this situation overall.

Last edited:

serghei

The team played incredible until march, but it was a period of top top form, not the norm. Then we had a drop in march, starting with the Villareal game, and that cost us the CL. Then after Valencia at home (1-2) we started to play better and we went 18-0 or something in the last games and won the league. Then we also won the Copa and ended the season very well, with the 2nd domestic double in a row. And after that we won the Supercopa several months ago, and entered this period of pretty inconsistent games which is mostly down to Lucho being chaotic with some tactics and team selection, while also being unlucky in some of the games we failed to win.

I wouldn't say this is a bad bad situation. We can certainly make it very bad by losing the next two games, but if we do win them, and I think we can, we are back on top form and who knows, maybe getting 6 points in the next Liga games can be the start of a win series.

RevoTeller

The team played incredible until march, but it was a period of top top form, not the norm. Then we had a drop in march, starting with the Villareal game, and that cost us the CL. Then after Valencia at home (1-2) we started to play better and we went 18-0 or something in the last games and won the league. Then we also won the Copa and ended the season very well, with the 2nd domestic double in a row. And after that we won the Supercopa several months ago, and entered this period of pretty inconsistent games which is mostly down to Lucho being chaotic with some tactics and team selection, while also being unlucky in some of the games we failed to win.

I wouldn't say this is a bad bad situation. We can certainly make it very bad by losing the next two games, but if we do win them, and I think we can, we are back on top form and who knows, maybe getting 6 points in the next Liga games can be the start of a win series.

Let's hope it will be how you say then. ;-)
I'm honestly not positive at the moment, but I will be the happiest person around if I will be proven wrong.

El Flaco

CyNWx0UWQAETEOQ.jpg

CyNXeHEXEAUDYOc.jpg

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I still can not understand why Prandelli insists on playing Rodrigo as the CF over Munir or Santi Mina. He's been rubbish in every game he's played.

Last edited:

barcafan161

because expections are always super high with having this front 3. only normal.

people expect 3 titles each year. right or wrong thats the expection.

Home of Barca Fans