Laurent Koscielny

Robbie

Koscielny vs Napoli :worthy:

Could this be the season he steps up to world class levels? I really hope so. We haven't had a defender this good in over a decade

pEllee

Koscielny vs Napoli :worthy:

Could this be the season he steps up to world class levels? I really hope so. We haven't had a defender this good in over a decade

I thought he was world class during 2013. He's looking just as good if not better during pre-season. Incredible player.

He's lightning quick, reads the game well, rarely gets caught out of position, tackles really well, good in the air and he's also really good with the ball at his feet.
Hell, he's even agile and acrobatic as well.

Oh and look at 3:38 - That's some impressive determination right there. Especially considering it's a friendly.

Co0ter

Has been my most desirable signing other than Thiago Silva and Marcos. I had hoped to get Marcos because he was already great, not as good as Laurent, but was really young and had the potential to be even better. However I'm a huge fan of Laurent and think he's exactly what our defense needs.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Koscielny was playing in Ligue 2 a year before he signed for Arsenal... He shifted to a newly promoted club in Ligue 1, played an year and moved to Arsenal. Now he is one of the best defenders in England and making us, FC fcuking Barcelona(I am not condesending Arsenal here, it is just that Barcelona is one of the top most footbnall clubs in the world), droom all over him!!

Now that's the result of genuine scouting... Unlike our board who probably sit in front of their laptop when asked to scout a player :facepalm:

Richard.H

Koscielny was playing in Ligue 2 a year before he signed for Arsenal... He shifted to a newly promoted club in Ligue 1, played an year and moved to Arsenal. Now he is one of the best defenders in England and making us, FC fcuking Barcelona(I am not condesending Arsenal here, it is just that Barcelona is one of the top most footbnall clubs in the world), droom all over him!!

Now that's the result of genuine scouting... Unlike our board who probably sit in front of their laptop when asked to scout a player :facepalm:

My personal opinion (since I have no clue how Barca management works):

I have a feeling our management is extremely conceded and arrogant when it comes to scouting other players. This hubris comes from the fact that Barca has the best youth system so the management feels as though they don't need any real scouts. They feel as though they can always rely on La Masia and only care about those players who are world class and everyone knows.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
My personal opinion (since I have no clue how Barca management works):

I have a feeling our management is extremely conceded and arrogant when it comes to scouting other players. This hubris comes from the fact that Barca has the best youth system so the management feels as though they don't need any real scouts. They feel as though they can always rely on La Masia and only care about those players who are world class and everyone knows.
Shouldn't they at least be scouting for La Masia then?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
They are...they just arent very good at it.
I do know they have scout... It's just that they have really incompetent ones doing the job. Probably better than the ones that belong to the senior squad though

Beast

The Observer
I would really respect Arsene if he pulled another one on you.... i will also be laughing all year long

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Yeah, there's really incompetent scouts for La Masia, that's why no one rates any of the young players in our younger teams or anything.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I would really respect Arsene if he pulled another one on you.... i will also be laughing all year long
At least, Koscielny is better than any CB we have that hasn't got long curly hair! So it won't be like Wenger's regular run over us!!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah, there's really incompetent scouts for La Masia, that's why no one rates any of the young players in our younger teams or anything.
Our young players are considered so high not because of the scouting team we got but because of the kind of education our staff provide them!!

Home of Barca Fans