Laurent Koscielny

H

Haruko The Goon

Mert&Kosh = 15 Clean Sheets this season. FIFTEEN!

Chelsea = 13
City = 11
United = 10
Liverpool = 9

Bayern Munich = 14 this season.
Barca = 13

Pepe Silvia

Koscielny destroyed Messi in CL, what more do you want? He and Kompany are equal for me. Kompany has size on him but not necessarily physicality. Koscielny is fierce.

Maria

Mert&Kosh = 15 Clean Sheets this season. FIFTEEN!

Chelsea = 13
City = 11
United = 10
Liverpool = 9

Bayern Munich = 14 this season.
Barca = 13

We have 21 clean sheets this season, not 13..and I'm pretty sure that Chelsea and Bayern also have more clean sheets.

DB10

Kos is beasting, but he gives away a lot of pens over the course of a season. Pound for pound you'd pick Kompany but I'd take Kos and Mert over Kompany and any other City CB. Partnerships is what makes it..

Bushman

Koscielny's idea of defending is: kick the opponent, if the ref didn't see it, do it again, if the ref did see it, give him the innocent look and try better to hide it next time. He's just a bit above average and will never give stability for a team like Barca that plays with 1 defensive midfielder and very attacking minded full backs. I think he's 1 on the many reasons why Arsenal are having some defensive nightmares.

This i probably the worst and most incorrect post I have seen for a while. Your post just shows how stupid one will look when trying to be an expert in something he has no knowledge about. I am a big fan of Arsenal and watch them play almost every week and Koscielny has been the best player of the team except for Ramsey when he was on form. Unfortunately Koscielny still have a reputation of being error prone, but the truth is that he rarely commits errors these days. And he more than make up for those few errors with late clearences, tackles and saves, and his tackling and interceptions are amongst the best in the world. His only weakness is that he needs a type like Mertesacker as a partner, who can take control of the defence.

Last edited:

abual3bed1

:worthy: All hail king Laurent. The best defender of a team that got beaten 6-3, 5-1 and 6-0 (4-0 while he was playing) in 1 season.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
:facepalm:

You guys are ludicrous, that's equivalent to blaming Valdes or Pique for our 7-0 defeat to Bayern... Even if Koscielny was bad, doesn't mean he's not a great defender...

Galning

:facepalm:

You guys are ludicrous, that's equivalent to blaming Valdes or Pique for our 7-0 defeat to Bayern... Even if Koscielny was bad, doesn't mean he's not a great defender...

That was over two games, not one. The thing is if we conceded as many goals as Arsenal in these games people would go nuts but still everybody goes on about how our defence sucks. It's not about Koscielny being bad, it's about the fact that defences with those so-called "twice the defender Piqué ever will be" players can get a proper beating too. Not the first time this has happened to Arsenal either so it's not really a coincidence or just a slip up.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
he is not a great defender though, just a very good one

no, it's not a potato, it's a potato, get it right

everybody goes on about how our defence sucks

I'm not saying they're right at all, but two wrongs doesn't make a right

"twice the defender Piqué ever will be"

Except the only mention of Pique in this thread has been that he and Koscielny would be great partners, not that Koscielny is a million times better than him...

Last edited:

ammarfcb

ze special one
its not a cause of bad defender...more bad tactics, defense was exploited with the exact same moves vs liverpool.

I

instinct

Just extended his contract with Arsenal. No option for us anymore :tata1:

H

Haruko The Goon

GET IN!!!!!!!!! Jesus, this guy is a walking god. :) so happy he's ours until the twilight of his career.

until 2019. Lovely. Only 75k as well, even better!

Koscielny/Mertesacker to be the starting CB's for at least 3 more years.

Home of Barca Fans