Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

Birdy

@barcacentre

JUST IN: Securing De Zerbi is close to impossible for Laporta due to his financial demands, and in addition, De Zerbi is eager to stay in the Premier League.
@MatteMoretto

Matte Moreno is tier 1 reliability.

FFS! It look at the end there will be no feasible options.
Thankfully Flick will be available

Porque

@barcacentre

JUST IN: Securing De Zerbi is close to impossible for Laporta due to his financial demands, and in addition, De Zerbi is eager to stay in the Premier League.
@MatteMoretto

Matte Moreno is tier 1 reliability.

FFS! It look at the end there will be no feasible options.
Thankfully Flick will be available

I'm always perplexed when I read this "financial demands" line in regards to managers. As if we couldn't cough up a competitive wage.

I mean, sure, if there is an issue paying out Brighton then fair enough. But then if we are financially cheap in our managerial offers then how could we expect to get as a sports team. It makes no sense to assemble a sports team paying 10/20m per annum for the players, and then get a manager who is on a McDonalds wage and quality, then expect him to being to carve any respect in the dressing room. To compete tactically on the pitch, to train the team properly, to assemble the best quality managerial team to support him, etc.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I'm always perplexed when I read this "financial demands" line in regards to managers. As if we couldn't cough up a competitive wage.

I mean, sure, if there is an issue paying out Brighton then fair enough. But then if we are financially cheap in our managerial offers then how could we expect to get as a sports team. It makes no sense to assemble a sports team paying 10/20m per annum for the players, and then get a manager who is on a McDonalds wage and quality, then expect him to being to carve any respect in the dressing room. To compete tactically on the pitch, to train the team properly, to assemble the best quality managerial team to support him, etc.
We do not respect the position of manager or goalkeeper at all and it's absolutely criminal.

Anyway, glad we dodged a bullet in De Zerbi. Few more bullets to dodge and we might actually end up with a proper manager, more by luck than judgement.

Motta is warming on me, Bologna are just going from strength to strength. Would love Toadfish Rebecchi but looks unlikely.

khaled_a_d

Maybe I understood it, but my first reaction was that De Zerbi is asking for a certain financial demands regarding the squad not his salary.
Could be put in different context, could even the financial requirements to get him, i.e Brighton demands.
Maybe someone who read the original news in native language.

Andresito

Staff member
Out of all 10s of options, it seems like we won't have many to choose from when season is coming to an end.

Likes of Klopp, Motta, De Zerbi, Conceicao already ruled out.

Porque

Out of all 10s of options, it seems like we won't have many to choose from when season is coming to an end.

Likes of Klopp, Motta, De Zerbi, Conceicao already ruled out.

Motta conducts himself too professionally for our Carny club. Watch an interview of him, guy can communicate football.

Messi983

I see this as we can't afford to pay RDZ's BO clause which is 10m IIRC. Could be other reasons as well ofc but think this is the main one. We won't get a coach who is still under contract with another club.

Seems more and more clear to me we'll get Herr Flick and then maybe try to convince Kloppo to join in 2025. Would be great if we can somehow pull this off. But highly unlikely - the Klopp part ofc.

malvolio

Motta conducts himself too professionally for our Carny club. Watch an interview of him, guy can communicate football.
Motta at least has a grasp of Barca club politics. He is also a latin so shouldn't have an issue with the language/customs barrier.

I just don't see a German nutter working successfully at Barca.

Porque

Motta at least has a grasp of Barca club politics. He is also a latin so shouldn't have an issue with the language/customs barrier.

I just don't see a German nutter working successfully at Barca.

There is alot to like. Speaks 4 languages and clearly an intelligent guy. Understands the club culture and absolutely would have had a career here had he not had injury setbacks.

Top of Serie A in terms of Home games. Much lower down the table on Away games, but that is down to drawing the majority of them as they have not lost many.

What probably counts against him apart from experience level is that it doesn't seem that his team is playing that attacking. But you play the cards you are delt with.

Bologna play today at 19CET so a good chance to watch them before CL games. I will try to catch the first half.

Last edited:

Porque

De Zerbi agent is in Barcelona.

65ccc5bbc6a72.r_d.2276-1408.jpeg

Laporta has accepted his challenge.

Home of Barca Fans