Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

Birdy

@BarcaUniversal
·
2h

There are people at the board who believe that in recent years the team have not being coached at an elite level. It is something that they are going to demand from the new coach. —
@_AdrianSnchz

No kidding?

It looks like the club will make the first hiring of a top coach with proven track record, after Luis Van Gaal in the distant 1997
That's about 27 years in between
That's a shocking stat for a club that belongs to the elite

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Would make a risk with Motta.

1. Played here and knows what were about
2. Successful in Serie A
3. He's a young manager. Can echo hunger and motivation with our young squad.

Having said all that I haven't watched Bologna enough to make a sane conclusion but it's a hunch.

Someone with more insight?

BJJ

2. Successful in Serie A

Having said all that I haven't watched Bologna enough to make a sane conclusion but it's a hunch.

I've watched a little of Bologna. Motta has done a good job but he needs more experience imo. Would like to see him manage someone like Milan, Sevilla or even Newcastle. The step from Bologna to Barca is too big imo.
Also note that Mottas style of play is more Conservative and not as high pressure or exciting as Barca fans would like.

BJJ

@BarcaUniversal
·
2h

There are people at the board who believe that in recent years the team have not being coached at an elite level. It is something that they are going to demand from the new coach. —
@_AdrianSnchz

No kidding?

It looks like the club will make the first hiring of a top coach with proven track record, after Luis Van Gaal in the distant 1997
That's about 27 years in between
That's a shocking stat for a club that belongs to the elite
That the idiots in the board have only discovered this recently shows how stupid this club is. As someone earlier mentioned the manager and goalkeeper are an afterthought . A necessary evil. The club is obsessed with forwards and midfielders and the idea of the keeper being good with his feet.

Sorin

I'll be honest, at first, i wasn't sure about Flick. Thought his Bayern stint was a perfect storm(covid, great teams in decline like us and RM) and that he wouldn't be able to replicate it in another club but I started to warm up to him somehow, maybe because I had enough of Xavi's incompetence and he's the only "proven" manager availabe right now idk, but I'm fully behind his appoinment asap. Get this dude in right now untill the end of next year and see how it goes.

Nazario1985

Also the next FCB manager needs to be a big attractive name for players.

Messi was doing that job since 2010, now without him big talented youngsters have no reason to look into us.

Temptation

It seems like Barcelona are considering 'German school' managers to replace Xavi. Nagelsmann, Hansi Flick, Thomas Tuchel and Jurgen Klopp are all valued by the club. — @mundodeportivo

German revolution at the club? They wanna be Bayern Munich so bad.

Seems like they have chucked the Spanish/Catalan DNA thingy out of the window. Damn!

malvolio

Many in here have salivated at Bayern's training methods, club structure, economic model etc.

I for one don't give a fuck about all that. If I wanted Bayern I would have followed Bayern.

What troubles me the most if the inclusion of Bumsi Flick on that list of Ze Jermans managers. The guy is a fraud that even Bayern didn't want to back in the transfer market.

Porque

It seems like Barcelona are considering 'German school' managers to replace Xavi. Nagelsmann, Hansi Flick, Thomas Tuchel and Jurgen Klopp are all valued by the club. — @mundodeportivo

German revolution at the club? They wanna be Bayern Munich so bad.

Seems like they have chucked the Spanish/Catalan DNA thingy out of the window. Damn!

But did they play for Barca!?!?!?

You will end with Bernd Schuster ya fookin' cunts, and you will like it.

Temptation

Many in here have salivated at Bayern's training methods, club structure, economic model etc.

I for one don't give a fuck about all that. If I wanted Bayern I would have followed Bayern.

What troubles me the most if the inclusion of Bumsi Flick on that list of Ze Jermans managers. The guy is a fraud that even Bayern didn't want to back in the transfer market.

8 - 2, Brute?

People still mad that "Bumsi" annihilated the Amigos on the biggest stage.

Messigician

@FCBRonit
·
11h

Bayern Munich wants Hansi Flick. The topic is hot. Thomas Tuchel’s position is at jeopardy. Hansi Flick’s environment wants him to join Barcelona. Flick knows about the project & he’s excited, but he’s going to wait only until there are no offers. Barça remains calm.

In short: If we act quickly, he is ours...
Plz Bayern save us

If we can get Tuchel would be massive

Messigician

2. Successful in Serie A

You know ball

Look at Motta’s interview he’s amazing and my pick to take us forward

He just gets football

delancey

The annihilation had more to do with unrest within our dressing room due to discontentment about Valverde getting axed mid season than anything else. It would be hard for any manager to implement his vision if the players weren’t playing for him! And our players had so much authority that after revolting against Setien, and disobeying tactics and playing like absolute bums, Setien was the one who got canned! :lol:

Hence the nickname amigos.

BJJ

You know ball

Look at Motta’s interview he’s amazing and my pick to take us forward

He just gets football
Xavi talked a good game too and managed to attract some players.
I still think Motta is too green and needs another year or two under his belt before taking the Barca job.

Home of Barca Fans