Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

serghei

Best thing for the club is keep Xavi until 2025 and secure Klopp from 2025. The guy is gonna go back to managing after a year off. You can't compare Klopp vs likes of Tuchel, Nagelsmann or Flick. Klopp is tested through time and different teams. All of the other, inferior German managers, flopped badly already. Klopp took Dortmund and Liverpool to heights unseen for these clubs in decades before him.

Funds + elite manager equals success in football. Unless you are a moron like some of the recent Barca presidents were, no need to name them. Then you can have a dynasty in place and still fuck it up.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The more time goes on, the more I warm to Motta.

I don't think people are acknowledging just how great a job it is to make little Bologna, with no great players whatsoever, have the best home record in Serie A, above even this fantastic Inter side.

He is actually giving me new Simone Inzaghi vibes.

serghei

The more time goes on, the more I warm to Motta.

I don't think people are acknowledging just how great a job it is to make little Bologna, with no great players whatsoever, have the best home record in Serie A, above even this fantastic Inter side.

He is actually giving me new Simone Inzaghi vibes.

Lol, Bologna is not even top 4 in Italy. Girona story is far more impressive if you care to look at a small team overachieving under a manager.

The aim should be set for elite managers. Not someone that didn't achieve anything important so far.

Porque

Xavi stays and we can certainly assess Motta over one more season.

As a backup to Klopp of course. But very different profile.

Birdy

Best thing for the club is keep Xavi until 2025 and secure Klopp from 2025. The guy is gonna go back to managing after a year off. You can't compare Klopp vs likes of Tuchel, Nagelsmann or Flick. Klopp is tested through time and different teams. All of the other, inferior German managers, flopped badly already. Klopp took Dortmund and Liverpool to heights unseen for these clubs in decades before him.

Funds + elite manager equals success in football. Unless you are a moron like some of the recent Barca presidents were, no need to name them. Then you can have a dynasty in place and still fuck it up.

That would be your new hill to die on now?

No, that would be absolutely terrible.
Another year of Xavi horrorball will mean Madrid distances themselves further on the pitch and on the future projection.
If that happens, then the new coach would need 5 or 6 years to catch up with them. Now, he can catch up in 1-2 years

Laporta is such a clown that wants to do it and hide behind Xavi, but thankfully he is leaving on his own volition. Laporta, you have to take critical decisions you idiot, you are president of FC BARCELONA

Reactions: BJJ

khaled_a_d

Lol, Bologna is not even top 4 in Italy.

They are 4th

Best thing for the club is keep Xavi until 2025 and secure Klopp from 2025.

While this sound good theoretically, I don't think it is realistic tbh.
Can we make a deal with Klopp already for 2025? Or we are just taking a risk for a long shot?
If he isn't interested in Barca job, then we are just wasting time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That idea makes no sense as Klopp is not going to commit to us now, and could tell us to fuck off in 8 months anyway. Then what lol.

That's basically what Brazil did with Ancelotti. Held out for hope even though he was never ready to commit, and that ensured they ended up with some bad options.

serghei

You may not like it, but to land the elite ones you have to really show them how much you want them. If Klopp doesn't come next summer you can always pick some weaker manager like we would probably do this summer.

With a squad lacking leaders and with almost no world class players, and without the ability to sign actual top players... an elite manager is the only one who could win short term. Either that, or sign an unproven manager and give him time for a change, without moaning all the time.

Last edited:

malvolio

I'd say we are too much invested in getting the likes of Pep and Klopp. Managers, like players, come and go and there is no sure thing anyway. Who thought that Xabi Alonso would be such a success? Also, Motta?

Waiting for Klopp for another year is not something we should do. The market for young up and coming managers isn't so bad right now.

If Xavi's replacement fails, then we can consider Klopp again.

Andresito

Staff member
I think Madrid are cooking as we speak. Ancelotti has a contract until 2026 so they're set for a couple of years on paper.

At the same time I believe Klopp is on top of their list for 2025 and I'm sure Alonso will have a Madrid clause in his contract if he joins Liverpool.
They will have all fronts covered.

Just like how Mbappe joins now and Davies probably in 2025. Long term planning and patience until everything falls into place. In the meantime they are competitive and still one of the favourites for CL, year after year.

Porque

Had a nice post about Klopp. Went into a tunnel and lost the post- so fuck it.

About Motta, does another season of EuroBologna even make a difference?

I'll tell you what happens. They struggle more because of lack of depth.

Does Brighton season in European this year change what we think of De Zerbi for example?

I mean if Xavi somehow stays for another season, then by all means sit back and watch Motta brew. But let me tell you, a year won't make a difference in terms of what or how he will perform here.

khaled_a_d

Bologna vs Inter in a week (March 9) will be interesting.

More interested in Atlanta game this week. They face their main rival for European spot away from home. Atlanta has better squad but difference isn't gigantic the same way with Inter.

Will be easier to get a grip on his ideas and managers.

Home of Barca Fans