Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

companyofcules

Real paid for Rodrigo and Vinicius 90 in total. Less than for Ferran and Lewandowski.
Serghei you ar making a fool out of yourself.
Of course Vinicius and Rodrigo are better than Lewandowski and Ferran but 1 billion team?

Reactions: BJJ

Birdy

Not going to them after all.

I'm a fan of De Zerbi, but I'd be wary of him being a good option for us. Some of his decisions are frustrating. Still got stuff to learn.

You have to understand there is no such thing as a 0 risk appointment.
Only current Pep is that

Therefore, you and others here, have to come to terms with the fact that the new coach will involve a risk taken.
Question is the evidence/ground of that selection in his previous work

M3ls

Yes, it is true - the only person who is guaranteed to supply this team with at least very high-quality football is Pep.

All other available candidates are a risk.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
So what's the latest news - Xavi in or out? If out, who we getting? Fat One's temper tantrum still ongoing?

serghei

Real paid for Rodrigo and Vinicius 90 in total. Less than for Ferran and Lewandowski.
Serghei you ar making a fool out of yourself.
Of course Vinicius and Rodrigo are better than Lewandowski and Ferran but 1 billion team?

Around 800m is their squad cost. Before Mbappe deal. Anyone with a brain knows Mbappe is a 250m player (hell, he probably gets half that as a sign-on bonus). So... yes, over a billion in reality.

Barca is on around 350-400m. So half of Madrid even before they manage to sign the best player on the planet.

companyofcules

Around 800m is their squad cost. Before Mbappe deal. Anyone with a brain knows Mbappe is a 250m player (hell, he probably gets half that as a sign-on bonus). So... yes, over a billion in reality.

Barca is on around 350-400m. So half of Madrid even before they manage to sign the best player on the planet.
Wt are you talking?
Only for FDJ we paid a fortune? Don't tell me old Kroos is more expensive. Rudiger free Aruajo 5 milions both are almost the same value.

Not our fault Real paid 45 for Vini and us 55 for Ferran and now Vini is worth 100 something and Ferran is worth a loan.
250 milions is 5 huge talents from South America. Xavi wanted a title in his cv and of course the future is bleach since his trasfers are worse than Bartomeu's in terms of longevity.
They brought Vitor in panic to copy Real, that's it.

When he took over he needed a RB to complement Mingueza and Aruajo, DM to take out Busquets, and 2 talents in attack to complement the loans + Luuk.

He totally failed. Ditched Mingueza for Pique and Kounde then forced Pique out, still no DM still no tallent and changed Luuk Auba for Lewandowski.
His only luck is Yamal, but if he can be Ronaldinho level we will see in 3 years.
Stop making out shits easy to debunk.

By the way, Camavinga 31 millions!
Better than all Xavi wanted as DM combined.
And can play on 4 positions lol.

serghei

Dude, the only reason they get to pick world class players like Mbappe as free agents is because they are no1 in Europe.

Tchouameny 80m, Bellingham 100+. They added those on top of a squad that was already full of serial CL winners.

The idiocy of Bartomeu is already well-known, no need to insist on their transfers during Bartomeu era. I'm the first to say he's one of the worst presidents in the history of the club.

The reality is that they had an elite squad in almost every season of the last decade. This is why they've made like 11 CL semis in the last 13 seasons.

ajnotkeith

Dude, the only reason they get to pick world class players like Mbappe as free agents is because they are no1 in Europe.

Tchouameny 80m, Bellingham 100+. They added those on top of a squad that was already full of serial CL winners.

The idiocy of Bartomeu is already well-known, no need to insist on their transfers during Bartomeu era. I'm the first to say he's one of the worst presidents in the history of the club.
Their squad 2 seasons ago and last season wasnt that good.
'Serial CL winners' means nothing without being qualified... Barca team had a lot of serial winners and CL winners as well.

serghei

Their squad 2 seasons ago and last season wasnt that good.
'Serial CL winners' means nothing without being qualified... Barca team had a lot of serial winners and CL winners as well.

I already answered to this many times. I put this into delusional and idiotic takes. There's several folders of those Barcaforum pearls of wisdom.

You say to me that the squad that scored 6 goals vs City in a CL semifinal and won a CL + Liga double is not that good... I tell you to go to sleep and wake up when you make sense.

ajnotkeith

I already answered to this many times. I put this into delusional and idiotic takes. There's several folders of those Barcaforum pearls of wisdom.

You say to me that the squad that scored 6 goals vs City in a CL semifinal and won a CL + Liga double is not that good... I tell you to go to sleep and wake up when you make sense.
When Barca wins something it becomes 'Xavi won LaLiga and Super Cup in his 2nd season'.

When Madrid win something it becomes 'their squad won a CL and LaLiga double'.

Laughable double standards where everything good Barca do is attributed to Xavi and everything good other teams do is their squad.

serghei

When Barca wins something it becomes 'Xavi won LaLiga and Super Cup in his 2nd season'.

When Madrid win something it becomes 'their squad won a CL and LaLiga double'.

Laughable double standards where everything good Barca do is attributed to Xavi and everything good other teams do is their squad.

What are you talking about. I'm the one on this place that is praising Ancelotti as one of the best in the game when likes of Birdy and other clueless posters here say he is not a great manager. :lol:

I already said many times how Xavi won the league. He got the team super-motivated and was ruthless at picking up hard-earned points vs smaller teams over and over again. When you are on course to make 95 points you make it very hard to lose the league title.

ajnotkeith

What are you talking about. I'm the one on this place that is praising Ancelotti as one of the best in the game when likes of Birdy and other clueless posters here say he is not a great manager. :lol:
Well I don't agree with them, I am one of the ones who thinks their CL's under him are significantly down to him as well as the players, of course his record proves that, he is the best manager of all time in that competition.

Madrid's squad is better, but their manager is also a lot better.

companyofcules

The reality is that they had an elite squad in almost every season of the last decade. This is why they've made like 11 CL semis in the last 13 seasons.
Your whole argument is we can't take Mbappe. Yes we can't that doesn't mean Real broke the bank it's the opposite, Real learned from our luck and misfortunes and apply our experience. Buying REAL talents young( Messi, Iniesta etc) and atracting free agent structural players while avoiding breaking the bank on overhyped old players since they already have them snd they tend to sell them or surround them with young players.
Those two trasfers are rather exceptions since they do have money and they are not the reason Real wins. The reason is in the attack who is absolutely superior to everyone in terms of versatility, mobility technique and free structual players or cheep ones like Rudiger.
Also the refs but not in a overwhelming way.
And FCB is two stars awy from a dangerous side, but since they overspent thrir last money on obvious blunders they are more far than ever.

It's rather insane at leats 1/2 of the forum had predicted the crush but still Xavi the genius is not to blame for not predicting Ferran is useless for a huge side.

Home of Barca Fans