Liga Round 11: Barca - Real 1-2

mc_lovin

Problem with 3atb is that the defensive midfield looks very weak/not occupied. And that's where their best player is operating.

I would probably take the punch to the gut and start Romeu. And have Felix-Ferran-Fermin upfront. Pretty split on Lamine, but having him as an impact sub ain't too bad. Cancelo vs Vinicius won't be as big of an issue as people think. And I guess Vinicius will play a bit more central anyway given their lack of striker (unless Joselu starts).

JamDav1982

Dont think Barca will put Balde as attacking threat as wide in a three and would rather have him deeper to try and match pace Real have out wide.

If Barca go three at back v Real who have Vini and Rodrygo up top in a two I think they will just peel off into that space out wide all game to get on the ball and then Bellingham heads into box from the chaos left by Barca back three trying to track them.

Would guess more likely a back four with Araujo, Christensen, Inigo and Balde and if anything Cancelo may be on the right wing.

mc_lovin

Barça's last training session prior to tomorrow's Clasico

Pedri, Frenkie De Jong, Lewandowski, Koundé and Raphinha train with the group @
Jijantes FC

Would start Frenkie if possible :lol: 4 weeks out is nothing+not a knee or muscle injury :S Save us from Romeu!

JamDav1982

Feels a it like mind games from Barca to try and keep Real guessing on who Barca will have available.

Cant see players not training for weeks and then being given pain killing injections being something Barca turn to.

Porque

Xavi will go with as close of a lineup as what worked in pre-season I reckon.

Maybe not with the names, but with the 4 man midfield.

Fermin may get a start in the forward line as the most advanced midfielder.

We shouldn't really rush anyone back quickly for this one. Last thing we need is to put Frenkie or Pedri back in the lineup and then they get a longer term injury.

JamDav1982

He could try the four man midfield but that also worked as could keep ball better vs that Real mid and had more legs even when Modric and Kroos as a pair.

Barca will lose a lot athleticcally v Real in this game in middle of park if FDJ/Pedri not there or even not 100%.

Barca have got less athletic due to injuries and Real have got more athletic since then.

Gavi and Gundo are not the most mobile and the ability to keep the ball drops dramatically from last season without FDJ, Pedri and even Busi.

I think Barca will be very cagey and compact and may give up ball more than did last season.

Could be if Barca sit in shape more and dont try to dominate ball with high line then Romeu despite his limitations can have role that suits him more and he just sits there trying to hassle Bellingham any time tries to get near the box.

Messi983

Don't think any of the injured players will start but should have some potential impact subs if one or two of Raphinha (according to reports he's the closest to be ready), Lewa and FDJ could play last 20-30 minutes.

But as Jammie said could be just mind games and none of them is actually ready to play.

JamDav1982

Can see it now lads....

Barca play tight holding 0-0. Defending like trojans against the elitest of elite Real Madrid.

Then 65 mins in.... Pedri, FDJ, Raph and Lewa all appear on sidelines.. the greatest mass sub of all time.

Real Madrid are quaking in boots at the sight.

All four come on to thunderous applause as Montujc know whats coming and Real shall be slain.

......Then all four go off injures in 75th minute and Real win 3-0.

Its in the stars truly.

Porque

Hey if FdJ (and Pedri for that matter) are past their injuries but just lacking fitness then absolutely play them in some capacity. Frenkie especially.

But if we are going to hotshot either then it could miss up our whole season as we just don't have the quality to replace them for a whole season. And by them I mean Frenkie as he is basically the cog to our whole system.

Fact they didn't get in the squad for Shakhtar suggests they are nowhere near ready.

El Gato

Villarato!
Can see it now lads....

Barca play tight holding 0-0. Defending like trojans against the elitest of elite Real Madrid.

Then 65 mins in.... Pedri, FDJ, Raph and Lewa all appear on sidelines.. the greatest mass sub of all time.

Real Madrid are quaking in boots at the sight.

All four come on to thunderous applause as Montujc know whats coming and Real shall be slain.

......Then all four go off injures in 75th minute and Real win 3-0.

Its in the stars truly.
This but flip to RM with Joselu, Ceballos, Vazquez and Mendy inspiring terror in the hearts and minds of Cule faithful and Xavi shaking in his boots

Ayop

El Gato

Villarato!
That said I agree Real will likely win initial middle of the park battle
Need to score before HT to have a better chance of coming out with a draw as we have really nobody to bring on a bit of legs and explosiveness bar Brahim

Reckon we'll play
Carva-Rudi-Alaba (if fit)-Camavinga
Fede-Tchou-Kroos
Rodry-Jude-Vini

And reckon Carlo could even take Rodry off and play 4-3-2-1 with Modric and Vini behind Jude up top if wants to play conservative and have Rodry bring legs on later

Home of Barca Fans