Liga Round 11: Barca - Real 1-2

Birdy

Birdy at it again

Diamond doesn't suffer vs wingbacks, it suffers vs setups with two wide players each flank who stretch the centre and then we were also missing our 2nd best player in Carvajal + Fran getting over stage fright
The 'obsolete diamond' created more chances for a strikerless team than Barca's top notch approach

Pipe down

Tactics is not your thing, switch back to the Negreira case and defending your tap-in merchant pal!

1) A wingback is enough to stretch your backline, as yout fullback has to come out and defend leaving the penalty box with 2 CBs vs often 3 players (striker and 2 AMs storming in the box). Having 2 players on each flank creates numerical advantage there but serious numerical disadvantage both in md and in the backline, so is not to be preferred

Probably you didn't watch the Atleti-RM 3-1, because they killed you with wingbacks

2) The 4-diamond-2 is obsolete whether you like it or not. No top team in 2023 plays like that, and thank god there are many many formations top teams use these days. Your oldie coach is not thinking tactics ahead, but rather tries to find fanciful ways of shoehorning 'all the good players' in the same XI, leading to weird stuff like uncovering the 4-diamond-2 20 years after it was a thing at top level.

3) When did I say that Xavi's approach is top-notch? I am trashing him day in day out, you prob don't follow.
But he does at least one thing right since he arrived: he beats Madrid most often than not/
Let's hope he pulls a voodoo again on Madrid

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The doom and gloom is warranted because of the injuries but my god this Madrid team is average af. We should beat them at home if we want to win the league.

Andresito

Staff member
Most of the predicted lineups have Cancelo at RW with Iñigo at CB. Have a feeling Iñigo will have a Lenglet esque performance.

Loki

They will probably start from the bench. But at least we'll have options other than barca atletic boys.

Home of Barca Fans