Liga Round 13: Barca - Alaves 2-1

JamDav1982

Gonna be fun times for me here if Xavi does get replaced. Bare minimum for next guy is gonna be a league title in the first 2 seasons.

:lol:

Nah progression is what is needed if he gets replaced or if he stays.

He would be getting replaced due to not being able to beat shite teams not because of title anyway if it came to it.

Birdy

Gonna be fun times for me here if Xavi does get replaced. The bare minimum for the next guy is gonna be a league title in the first 2 seasons.

:lol:

No pressure.

If Laporta is so stupid to hire let's say Rafa Marquez, we will have 0 expectations

Barcelonista001

New signing
I really never thought we need to change technical staff, but after the CL display and this half, this isnt going will, the tactics are not working, its clear how we are playing and what we want to do

delancey

Hmm is there any La Liga manager less qualified than Xavi? For I am watching these games and seeing bottom fodder managers out-smart us. 😂😅

xXKonan

Someone should tell Xavi he isn't the coaching genius he thinks he is.

Marquez got the B team playing like a cohesive unit while Xavi is out here thinking he can win games while playing checkers.

serghei

If Laporta is so stupid to hire let's say Rafa Marquez, we will have 0 expectations

I see. You're one of those special fans who just likes hating everything.

Tell me the next great manager that is gonna achieve big titles in football. Easy to sit on your bum on the couch and hate on.

delancey

Tell me the next great manager that is gonna achieve big titles in football. Easy to sit on your bum on the couch and hate on.
I like how you double down on your poor takes. Haha

At least you’re consistent. I’ll give you that. :lol:

JamDav1982

That is poor argument.

The next coach would have to improve the situation Xavi left if came in.

If Xavi gets sacked season after title that shows how bad it must have been to get to that stage.

Co0ter

Except that the 2 managers that people here wished for instead of Xavi made a fool out of themselves in the last 1-2 years.
I'm going to assume one of them you're referring to is ETH.

United has been a mess since Fergie, and he came in and took over, all the while it being in the best league in the world, by far. I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes or is perfect, but his situation was shit and completely different than Xavi in Barca.

Xavi walked into a solid team, thriving youth players and 210mil to be spent in 2 windows. He also benefited from RM having their worst La Liga season in a very long time and AM was broke and imploded from Covid FFP restrictions. Ter Stegen had an incredible league season and we were so lucky in defense (I'm laughing out loud literally thinking about how many times we were shit and should of conceded but got lucky).

There is absolutely no reason to think, what so ever, that a proven and experienced coach couldn't easily have won the league given those circumstances, played better football and possibly done better in Europe.

Meanwhile, you put Xavi at United and they'd be even more fucked. He's a coach with no vision, there is no structure or organization to this team. It's been 2 years and you don't watch this team and identify what the style or plan of football is.

Panic crossing to no one doesn't count.

It doesn't end at ETH, there are several other coaches who were not only more experienced but actually have a style in which they coach their teams in. Xavi has been and continues to be a disaster from the moment once the WC ended and the honeymoon phase was over.

Home of Barca Fans