Lionel Messi - v7

Andresito

Staff member
Laporta most definitely thought of every possible solution. I sincerely believe he wanted Messi to stay as much as the next fanboy in here.

With plan A (sell players) not working, he put into place plan B a bit less than a month before the transfer window closes, hoping that Tebas will budge.
I doubt there's a plan C, maybe to pay off players their contracts so that they leave, but that would be extremely expensive just to keep Messi for a couple of years.

malvolio

Those who are saying we will be the new Milan or worse, do you guys think Messi will be here forever? Whether at age 34 or 36, he is going to leave one day.

Do we cease to exist after Messi?

I think its more to do with the fact that we have a shite team with many underperforming players and a manager we want to get rid of. Also Messi being the GOAT and still best player in the world. Plus the board fucking up again and releasing YouTube videos through twitter isn't helping either.

Horatio

You're welcome
I am putting my credibility on the line.

Messi will stay, Tebes will relax the rules after this power play.

I gurantee it, I will leave the forum effective immediately if this does not come to fruition

Plastic fan. It is a win-win for you whether he stays or leaves.

Rassvet

The depression part might hit hard. We've seen it last season. No hope for Qatar 2022 now

That would be some epic BS from Messi if he leaves but then sulks around because he wanted to stay or something.

He sulked around for the first 3-4 months of last season because he supposedly wanted to leave for a more competitive team but was kept against his will. Now you are saying he will act depressed because he has to leave for a more competitive team rather than stay?

I guess grass is always greener on the other side

Sorin

Not registering them barely makes a difference other than they cant play but still paying them wages which count towards the calculations for LFP.

Really? So what, the likes of Depay, Emerson, Garcia now count against the cap even though they aren't registered?

Thought that only registered players count for the cap.

Jadentheman

Need Messi to go to Man Utd or some shit so I can support him properly there and root for his success given we're likely to be a joke in Europe for the foreseeable future.

PSG is disgusting.

PSG approached him many times, ca n easily pass his wages, close to Barcelona, so many amigos on that team, and very favored to win CL. Mate PSG might be his next team

kattanib

Great times ahead. One last part to the formula that will bring us glory is Koman having the green light now hopefully to bench Pique and Alba as needed

akaranzo

Need Messi to go to Man Utd or some shit so I can support him properly there and root for his success given we're likely to be a joke in Europe for the foreseeable future.

PSG is disgusting.

Man Utd?? Yikes, might as well wish him to go to real madrid. United is a disgusting club.

Messi983

Laporta most definitely thought of every possible solution. I sincerely believe he wanted Messi to stay as much as the next fanboy in here.

With plan A (sell players) not working, he put into place plan B a bit less than a month before the transfer window closes, hoping that Tebas will budge.
I doubt there's a plan C, maybe to pay off players their contracts so that they leave, but that would be extremely expensive just to keep Messi for a couple of years.

Still worth it imo. Messi would bring more money to the club than we'd have to pay to those players and just offloading them would be a win itself.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think its more to do with the fact that we have a shite team with many underperforming players and a manager we want to get rid of. Also Messi being the GOAT and still best player in the world. Plus the board fucking up again and releasing YouTube videos through twitter isn't helping either.

Sooner or later Messi will have to leave and we will have to go through a period of rebuild. We do have some promising players coming through the pipelines so it is not all doom and gloom.

Some might think the way we announced his departure today was "cold", I tend to agree but I think the club statement did it well to say the club and Messi reached an agreement for him to renew but it couldn't materialize because of La Liga's salary cap. The club clearly indicated the blame was not on Messi, ie. Messi wanting more money all of sudden etc.

Home of Barca Fans