Lionel Messi - v7

Rassvet

I believe the 2Playbook article states that Ferran Reverter, our CEO, convinced Laporta to back out from the CVC deal as it would hurt the club medium to long-term.

Massive respect to Laporta if this is true. It would be easy for our presidents to focus on their term at the expense of Barca’s long term interests.

behindbrowneyes

I believe the 2Playbook article states that Ferran Reverter, our CEO, convinced Laporta to back out from the CVC deal as it would hurt the club medium to long-term.

I have read the same. It is the right thing to do. A hard decision, but the right one. ESL has nothing to do with it. It would've been a very bad deal medium to long-term and short-sighted to sign it,

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think this is just his wishful thinking/speculation at best.

Mbappe might not want to share the spot light with Neymar and now Messi and he might want to be the one and only star in a club, Real Madrid that is.

Mbappe also want to win CL trophies and is young enough that he can wait 2-3 more years for Real Madrid to be stable and strong enough to win CL titles and then join them.

Who knows what'll happen though.

DonAK

Gerard "The Twerker" Romero also saying that Jorge Messi and Rafa Yuste, our VP had a big disagreement yesterday over being blindsided like this after they thought they were going to renew with Barca.

Might be why Messi refused a joint-press conference with Laporta and could be leaving on bad terms.

Rassvet

City should sign Messi and bring Aguero on a 1 year deal, then sign Haaland next summer. Enough with this Kane bs :pep:

DonAK

Massive respect to Laporta if this is true. It would be easy for our presidents to focus on their term at the expense of Barca’s long term interests.

I have read the same. It is the right thing to do. A hard decision, but the right one. ESL has nothing to do with it. It would've been a very bad deal medium to long-term and short-sighted to sign it,

Yeah. It is the right decision for the club and admirable of Laporta to trust the people he put in charge.

But I also think that their lack of communication or being forthcoming enough with Messi about this is poor by them as it seems. Although the media reports could be one-sided :shrug:

raskolnikov

Gerard "The Twerker" Romero also saying that Jorge Messi and Rafa Yuste, our VP had a big disagreement yesterday over being blindsided like this after they thought they were going to renew with Barca.

Might be why Messi refused a joint-press conference with Laporta and could be leaving on bad terms.
I get the blindsighted argument. This wasnt news to Laporta and its possible he played him.
With Messi's history with the previous board its understandable if he feels like this.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Less than 1% but should La Liga and Tebas buckle at the end of the day?

I am sure they are crunching the numbers right now and they are not looking pretty, especially considering the ESPN deal they just made.

Messigician

🚨| La Liga president Javier Tebas claims that Barcelona was OK with the CVC agreement a few weeks ago, but after they spoke to "someone" (Florentino), Barcelona changed their minds and are now against it. #rmalive

🚨| If Barcelona agreed to the CVC deal, they would've been able to sign Messi, but after they changed their minds, they lost the player. #rmalive

I will not leave the forum because of this.

Messigician

Bar?a gave their 'ok' for the La Liga-CVC deal and even asked for an assembly vote on it. But yesterday, something went wrong. [@2Playbook]

Listening to Perez...

Messigician

No when I said these things I was under the impression Laporta wanted to sign Messi.

It is very clear this isn't the case, he had the means to sign Messi but didn't want to it is a betrayal of the highest order

DonAK

Let it be known that Messigician is not a man of honour and integrity. Your Spartan forefathers are watching down in shame and disgust.

You'll be known in Sparta as a disgrace.

Home of Barca Fans