Lionel Messi - v7

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Correct me If I'm wrong but isn't this deal solely relying on that CVC cash injection which Barca is planning to reject ? And since the salary situation hasn't changed compared to 2/3 weeks ago how will they be able to sign Messi ?

No clue. CVC cash injection is probably going to be approved anyway if only Barca, Real Madrid and Athletic complain about it.

Maybe there's some progress in the salary talks with the captains and Griezmann.

Rassvet

Tension skyrocketing between #Messi and the #Barcellona after La Liga denied the ok to register the new contract.#Laporta asked the Argentine to consider a new reduction in his salary. We work to resolve but these are hot hours (Gianluigi Longari)

Dont give me hope…

xXKonan

Give it a rest already.

Messi is going to sign the new deal and that's that. No tweet from some random Journalist from a notorious weak source such as Sport Italia is going to change things.

Messigician

Stunning! SkyItalia is a tier 0 source

Tension skyrockets between #Messi and #Barcelona after La Liga denied the signing of the new contract. #Laporta asked the Argentine to consider a new reduction in his salary. We work to solve but they are hot hours @tvdellosport #Barca

CatalinR10

Stunning! SkyItalia is a tier 0 source

Tension skyrockets between #Messi and #Barcelona after La Liga denied the signing of the new contract. #Laporta asked the Argentine to consider a new reduction in his salary. We work to solve but they are hot hours @tvdellosport #Barca

this is the same tweet that Rassvet posted like 2-3 posts above

JohnN

@Rassavet

Why so obsessed with Messi leaving? He just won the Copa America and nothing that happens with Barca can hurt his legacy anymore. Barca as a team are atrocious without Messi. So who has anything to win by him leaving?

xXKonan

The information circulating about the fact that Joan Laporta would have asked for a further cut in salary from Leo Messi is false. He has already accepted a reduction of 50%. The new contract is almost done, announce tonight or tomorrow, if all goes well per
@FlorentTorchut

ajnotkeith

I mean the indication was that the CVC deal actually allowed Barca to register Messi/new signings and prior to that cash injection we weren't able to - and will remain so if we don't accept it. So I doubt Laporta is turning it down.

Rassvet

@Rassavet

Why so obsessed with Messi leaving? He just won the Copa America and nothing that happens with Barca can hurt his legacy anymore. Barca as a team are atrocious without Messi. So who has anything to win by him leaving?

Him continuing to be irrelevant in the CL doesnt hurt his legacy? He has only bailed out somewhat these last few years because Ronaldo dropped some epic disasterclasses at Juve.

Home of Barca Fans