Lionel Messi - v7

ajnotkeith

ClUb OvEr PlAyEr Messi agreed to a 70% paycut hahaha, this is financial mismanagement from Laporta and you will see even more when we can't register our new signings.

Nazario1985

Like for real a president saying : we thought this will be allowed, but unlike other countries it is not in la Ligua !!!

wtf are they running the club with temps ?

Neeraj

It's not that Messi is leaving itself that is the saddest part. I think we needed a fresh start, sooner or later.

It's the way that the greatest player in history is leaving the club. Without a proper farewell, without a proper final season, without closure. I hate Bartomeu so much.

Raketa10

I am not sure if this is Laporta's last try to squeeze La Liga or not. He was not perfectly clear when asked if this is final decision or not.

behindbrowneyes

ClUb OvEr PlAyEr Messi agreed to a 70% paycut hahaha, this is financial mismanagement from Laporta and you will see even more when we can't register our new signings.

More the consequences of Bartomeu's mismanagement, who calculated with the ESL money as he was one of the driving forces of it. Laporta's and everyone's hands in the board are bound by what Bartomeu did in recent years.

JamDav1982

why did they even negotiate with him if they knew already that we don't have the money?

Touch of arrogance in thinking that La Liga would change rules and would have the ability to make players leave.

They are right though. Tebas and La Liga have royally fucked up and probably lied to Barca about the terms of the CVC.

Personally think this is much more about ESL being prevented than anything.... if Laporta claims Messi makes the club 300m a year that CVC soon becomes worth it.

ajnotkeith

I think all of this has confirmed our new signings won't be registered. It seems Laporta didn't even know if the contracts of the players would be registered and just took a guess with Messi. I hope he addresses this too after lying 2 days prior saying we would be able to register them..

serghei

More the consequences of Bartomeu's mismanagement, who calculated with the ESL money as he was one of the driving forces of it. Laporta's and everyone's hands in the board are bound by what Bartomeu did in recent years.

We're finding out how important it is for non-profit fan owned clubs to not get carried away in a spending frenzy. No oligarch to pump in 300m and steady the ship in a matter of days.

Home of Barca Fans