Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Hardy

I believe Messi will take a huge paycut because he doesn't have much choice, assuming he still wants to play in europe. It's clear at this point he has enough of PSG, Ligue 1 etc... doubt he'll spent another year there.

Andresito

Staff member
He'll take a pay cut but Tebas will be like "nah he can't earn that little, he'll count as 50m in the salary cap".

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Depends on what sort of deal he would be brought back on. If the club had a portion of image rights then we'd make a decent amount of money from him. Stadium is more full now probably due to winning la liga after a couple years of crap squads, had to make some very good free signings and some very expensive signings for that to happen though.

Forgetting the question of whether he should be brought back or not I'm surprised people think that having the joint most famous footballer in the world in the club isn't likely to lead to some financial gain.

Having Messi back certainly brings us more allure, albeit short-lived I suspect as he won?t be here for more than a year or two. As I mentioned in the post above, can?t really think of any concrete financial gains for us.

ajnotkeith

He'll take a pay cut but Tebas will be like "nah he can't earn that little, he'll count as 50m in the salary cap".

This is what would happen unless the news about him pulling for a Messi return is true.

However, it's not that we have stacks of liquid cash to burn and our only problem is the cap, either. We are operating largely on a loan and can't just burn that money paying Messi regardless of what the actual assigned cap amount is.

Likely they put it around 30m though.

Messi983

Well, it happened when he wasn't a Barca player anymore (good from Barca perspective as it would mean even more bad publicity for us) so would probably happen anyway. If not in Barcelona then probably in another city/country. Can't help if he's an idiot.

Home of Barca Fans