Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

khaled_a_d

I didn't want to jump on the meme train of @(#*ing on MLS for fun. But it is truly bad. Consistently bad defending. Strings of bad passes and touches.

It's okay, but....what have they been doing all these last years trying to elevate it?

I thought it was the class of Puig in a lesser league that we were seeing. Now am convinced any decent European player can look like Maradona there.

Also, those coach interviews during halftime giving away their tactics LOL.

The biggest issue I have is they seem to treat it as some sort of show instead of a sport. Opponents happy they got beaten by Messi. The before mentioned interviews. The commentators not willing to criticize awful moments like the keeper on the first 2 goals. As if we are watching some gameshow or having a bbq cookout just chilling together. It still lacks competitiveness.

This is American sports in general, NBA is like that and NFL is even bigger of a show.

Sports are part of entertaining industry in the end, and those shows are part of the entertainment.
EPL learned a lot from American sports already, putting a lot of emphasis on fantasy leagues, sky trying to replicate TNT show with Micah Richards acting like Charles Barkley etc. Don't be surprised if those MLS features will be in European football soon

Horatio

You're welcome
This is American sports in general, NBA is like that and NFL is even bigger of a show.

Sports are part of entertaining industry in the end, and those shows are part of the entertainment.
EPL learned a lot from American sports already, putting a lot of emphasis on fantasy leagues, sky trying to replicate TNT show with Micah Richards acting like Charles Barkley etc. Don't be surprised if those MLS features will be in European football soon
I believe you.

But always thought that passion and competitiveness were much more prevalent in basketball. I don't watch it, mind you.
I think still a reason is US has not really warmed up yet to football I guess. Currently I feel a big issue is that there is just a huge lack of prestige for actually winning your games.

FinBarcelonafan

I didn't want to jump on the meme train of @(#*ing on MLS for fun. But it is truly bad. Consistently bad defending. Strings of bad passes and touches.

It's okay, but....what have they been doing all these last years trying to elevate it?

I thought it was the class of Puig in a lesser league that we were seeing. Now am convinced any decent European player can look like Maradona there(which others said but again read as people making of the league and those comments needed to be taken with a grain of salt. Now believing have to be taken literally).

Also, those coach interviews during halftime giving away their tactics LOL.

The biggest issue I have is they seem to treat it as some sort of show instead of a sport. Opponents happy they got beaten by Messi. The before mentioned halftime interviews. The commentators not willing to criticize awful moments like the keeper on the first 2 goals. As if we are watching some gameshow or having a bbq cookout just chilling together. It still lacks competitiveness.

The level is bad but it's entertaining.

I would even argue it's more entertaining because the players are bad. More mistakes, more exciting counters etc. It's part of the charm. Add to that now superstar like Messi and it's fun.

It sounds crazy , but I have enjoyed watching Messi games way more than recent Barca games. Barca games are very rarely very entertaining.

European football is way more tactical but that's why it's a bit more boring.

Horatio

You're welcome
It sounds crazy , but I have enjoyed watching Messi games way more than recent Barca games. Barca games are very rarely very entertaining.
Barca games like ones against Getafe is a bit of a low bar to be honest.

I watched first 30 minutes yesterday and didn't really experience it as an enjoyable watch to be honest. I think I have seen better games though. But those mistakes you mention at times are fun yeah other times just frustrating. It kills the flow and rhythm of the game. Watching Messi is fun and Busquets with new tricks up his sleeve.

FinBarcelonafan

Barca games like ones against Getafe is a bit of a low bar to be honest.

I watched first 30 minutes yesterday and didn't really experience it as an enjoyable watch to be honest. I think I have seen better games though. But those mistakes you mention at times are fun yeah other times just frustrating. It kills the flow and rhythm of the game. Watching Messi is fun and Busquets with new tricks up his sleeve.
Xaviball is just meh. :(

Horatio

You're welcome
If Messi can maintain a decent level of football in preparation for Copa and WC whilst being exposed to this level of football, that would be a new achievement for the GOAT.

Porque

The level is bad but it's entertaining.

I would even argue it's more entertaining because the players are bad. More mistakes, more exciting counters etc. It's part of the charm.
Add to that now superstar like Messi and it's fun.

European football is way more tactical but that's why it's a bit more boring.

Hey, I recognize that strategy from somewhere!

tebas-suspende-interior.gif

Temptation

If I was a pro, I'd choose MLS over SPL anyday coz I love America but I think the SPL will easily be better coz of their insane finances and the players they keep attracting.

I am not sure how the 2 leagues compare as of right now but at 36/37, the MLS seems like a fun choice. American lifestyle is really sexy.

Horatio

You're welcome
If I was a pro, I'd choose MLS over SPL anyday coz I love America but I think the SPL will easily be better coz of their insane finances and the players they keep attracting.

I am not sure how the 2 leagues compare as of right now but at 36/37, the MLS seems like a fun choice.
I would choose SPL without question. From a sporting perspective they are about equal in terms of prestige. Saudi has the fans, MLS has that Champions League with some latin american countries. Level of football is better in SPL. But yeah, the money would easily tilt it in favour of SPL. If I turn out to be an Americanophile, after 2 years of SPL would just move there to spend it all.

Temptation

I would choose SPL without question. From a sporting perspective they are about equal in terms of prestige. Saudi has the fans, MLS has that Champions League with some latin american countries. Level of football is better in SPL. But yeah, the money would easily tilt it in favour of SPL. If I turn out to be an Americanophile, after 2 years of SPL would just move there to spend it all.

With all due respect to the Middle Eastern people on here, I just hate that insanely conservative culture, lifestyle and shit. The lifestyle in Saudi will get so boring even if you have all the money in the world. Dubai> SA cities.

Porque

I am not sure how the 2 leagues compare as of right now but at 36/37, the MLS seems like a fun choice. American lifestyle is really sexy.

I'd choose SPL, but only if they allow me to enter the Greatest Battle Royal.

Horatio

You're welcome
With all due respect to the Middle Eastern people on here, I just hate that insanely conservative culture, lifestyle and shit. The lifestyle in Saudi will get so boring even if you have all the money in the world. Dubai> SA cities.
First of, you've never been. I haven't been either, but I know you haven't been.
Secondly so what? Sit out the contract and do whatever the hell you want after.

Home of Barca Fans