Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

malvolio

What a connection, just sexy stuff. Most underrated partnership imo. Messi had more chemistry with Alves than anyone else
I'd say he had a similar chemistry with Busi. But it was more evident with Alves since they both played on the right in their prime. Alves also liked to bomb forward and combine with Messi in attack.

Andresito

Staff member
Can't think of a single player that made me go "this guy really doesn't work with Messi". Dinho, Busi, Xavi, Iniesta, Paulinho, Alba Eto'o, Pedro, Henry, Tello, Pedri etc. Different positions, very different type of players. It's kind of underrated that, despite Messi's absolute brilliance, he was very simple to play with. He elevated the game of so many players.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Can't think of a single player that made me go "this guy really doesn't work with Messi". Dinho, Busi, Xavi, Iniesta, Paulinho, Alba Eto'o, Pedro, Henry, Tello, Pedri etc. Different positions, very different type of players. It's kind of underrated that, despite Messi's absolute brilliance, he was very simple to play with. He elevated the game of so many players.

Dybala 🐮

Temptation

Because Messi was the main man and the most important player. Automatically, all players coming to play with him at Barca will have to try and work out their chemistry and fit in with him. Otherwise, you're out(like Zlatan, Dybala). Nothing negative about this. It's because it's worth it. You cater to Messi because he delivers the desired output. This is what main man energy in Football is all about.

On the contrary, in PSG they didn't cater to Messi and couldn't get the best outta him. Doesn't mean he isn't compatible with Mbappe. It's just that it's not worth it anymore over a full season.

The main man dilemma is that clubs will build their teams around you only if you produce the optimum output. Messi and Ronaldo can't do that anymore at the highest and toughest level so clubs don't play according to their strengths.

Andresito

Staff member
Because Messi was the main man and the most important player. Automatically, all players coming to play with him at Barca will have to try and work out their chemistry and fit in with him. Otherwise, you're out(like Zlatan, Dybala). Nothing negative about this. It's because it's worth it. You cater to Messi because he delivers the desired output. This is what main man energy in Football is all about.

On the contrary, in PSG they didn't cater to Messi and couldn't get the best outta him. Doesn't mean he isn't compatible with Mbappe. It's just that it's not worth it anymore over a full season.

The main man dilemma is that clubs will build their teams around you only if you produce the optimum output. Messi and Ronaldo can't do that anymore at the highest and toughest level so clubs don't play according to their strengths.
What I'm talking about goes beyond tactics. It's the 1-2s (Pedri, Alves, Suarez), occupying space which Messi created (Rakitic, Xavi, Pedro), making runs that gets you a chance on a silver platter (Mbappe, Tello), pinpoint crosses (Alba), seeing Messi's runs and making the pass (Busi, Iniesta).

It's more of a basic understanding. You have the true GOAT Messi, then you have bums like Tello, Paulinho and Cuenca or youngsters like Ansu and Pedri totally in sync with him, despite being 10 levels below him. Never seen a player elevate others like Messi could do.

KingLeo10

Argentina should really maximize this golden generation and the GOAT. They are serious contenders for both the next Copa and WC.

If they win both, they surpass Italy as a footballing nation (right now, I have them both even) and sit on the same table as Brazil and Germany.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Argentina should really maximize this golden generation and the GOAT. They are serious contenders for both the next Copa and WC.

If they win both, they surpass Italy as a footballing nation (right now, I have them both even) and sit on the same table as Brazil and Germany.

WC 2 times in a row would be unbelievable but this time it will be Portugal :pique:

Home of Barca Fans