Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Raketa10

For Copa 2024 Argentina is a clear favorite but we shouldn't underestimate Brazil. No one knows how national teams will look like in 2026. However, for now Argentina, France, Portugal, England, Brazil and Spain are my favorites.

Last edited:

Windhook

Brazil are hyped for this "revolutionary" relationism tactic, employed by Fernando Diniz, but it recently backfired with a string of bad results. One of the causes could be players based in Europe failing to adapt to the system at this early stage. As for the moment, yeah, it's a mess. And a gamble.

For me the most certain thing is France will be a major factor next tournament.

malvolio

For Copa 2024 Argentina is a clear favorite but we shouldn't underestimate Brazil. No one knows how national teams will look like in 2026. However, for now Argentina, France, Portugal, England, Brazil and Spain are my favorites.
Portugal have a good collection of players, but they suck as a team. And they still insist with Ronaldo's corpse as starter.
Brazil and Spain are shadows.
England would be my bet for a dark horse. Not to actually win something, but to challenge for semis.
Argentina and France are currently top dogs.

soul24rage

I wonder what tuxedo will the GOAT be wearing for his 8th Ballon. :messi:
The GOAT needs to make this real

F9Tpey1XkAAZB4o

soul24rage

Agree with the general sentiment with everyone, 2026 is still very far away so it'll be difficult to see how each national team does, but from the current trajectory, looks like Argentina and France will be the favorites and maybe England third.

For the Copa America 24, Argentina is the heavy favorites. I also see Uruguay ahead of Brazil, mostly because as Windhook mentioned, it takes time to understand Diniz's system, time that they don't have, and Bielsa is making Uruguay more of a team with good players around and not using old legs like Suarez and Cavani. Also, Diniz's style rely heavily on individual talents, which is why Neymar's injury is a huge blow for them.

Also, excited to see Messi lift the Ballon D'or at the Bombonera.

KingLeo10

1 more Copa and with the Copa, Finalissima, WC, and Copa streak (to go along with another WC final and 3 more Copa finals), you can make a strong case for him having the greatest international career of all time to go along with the already quite obvious best club career of all time.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

1 more Copa and with the Copa, Finalissima, WC, and Copa streak (to go along with another WC final and 3 more Copa finals), you can make a strong case for him having the greatest international career of all time to go along with the already quite obvious best club career of all time.
Loosing the finals while being favourite to win (2015,2016 Copas) doesnt speaks for him.....

also having more int. tournaments like the 100years copa or something to force the copa win doesnt look good....

also having so many cl humilations speak against 'best club career of all time'....i would agree with best league performances of all time

Dont get me wrong guys, i see it objectively....Messi is also for me overall the GOAT but more because of his individual performances

KingLeo10

Loosing the finals while being favourite to win (2015,2016 Copas) doesnt speaks for him.....

also having more int. tournaments like the 100years copa or something to force the copa win doesnt look good....

also having so many cl humilations speak against 'best club career of all time'....i would agree with best league performances of all time

Dont get me wrong guys, i see it objectively....Messi is also for me overall the GOAT but more because of his individual performances

Love now that Tempt, RassLet and OG aren't around, you start showing your true colors more and more instead of parroting them.

Cry more :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Love now that Tempt, RassLet and OG aren't around, you start showing your true colors more and more instead of parroting them.

Cry more :lol:
Please don't misunderstand me, but im not a fan of praising a player because you like him.... Im probably a bigger Messi fan than 90% of the people in this forum, i set an alarm during the copas in 2015 and 2016 to watch Messi at 2/3 o'clock in night, lol these were good times :lol: as written above Messi is the GOAT but not primarly because of his trophys...

malvolio

That goes into best career for a sportsman of all time or even best career for a human being of all time territory. :mou:

Home of Barca Fans