Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Andresito

Staff member
He was so close on many occasions, mostly for Argentina with those finals. Best career of all time is extremely hard to achieve in a team sport.

Messi definitely has the best in football though, even if it could've been much better with a bit more luck. We'll see if a player can have the 'perfect' career (subscriber of domestic trophies, CL every other year or so, 2-3 WC's, 2-3 CA/Euros), surely none of the current crop will though that's for sure.

Regarding WC26, still 2.5 years to go. Argentina were only getting started back then after finishing 3rd in Copa America. Think the favourites will change over the course of these years, but surely now England and France have the best squads with Argentina having the best team. Portugal also have a strong squad but a bit below Eng & Fra. Argentina showed you don't need the best squad to win, just a really well oiled machine of a system, and a goat of course.

soul24rage

Sad that, starting tomorrow, we can't use this picture anymore :mou:

262472289_3114387948825107_1015656925902815890_n.jpg

Messigician

Bayern Neuer and Muller blasts him

Reporter🎙️: “Who were you more afraid of? Messi or Ronaldo?”

Neuer🎙️: “Well, both players have strengths and weaknesses, but if I had to choose one, I would choose Cristiano.”

Reporter🎙️: “Is it because Cristiano Ronaldo scored the most goals against you despite not playing in the German League?”

Neuer🎙️: “Well, haha, he's a very strong hitter of the ball. In Messi's case, he dribbled past defenders, sometimes defenders blocked him, sometimes not, but you can anticipate when the shot is coming so you know you have time to adapt.” "But in Cristiano's case, when he crosses the halfway line, you have to be on high alert. He can launch the missile at any time and you won't even realize when it's crossed the net. It tests your reflexes to the limit. So I did not want to face Cristiano."

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Bayern Neuer and Muller blasts him

Reporter🎙️: “Who were you more afraid of? Messi or Ronaldo?”

Neuer🎙️: “Well, both players have strengths and weaknesses, but if I had to choose one, I would choose Cristiano.”

Reporter🎙️: “Is it because Cristiano Ronaldo scored the most goals against you despite not playing in the German League?”

Neuer🎙️: “Well, haha, he's a very strong hitter of the ball. In Messi's case, he dribbled past defenders, sometimes defenders blocked him, sometimes not, but you can anticipate when the shot is coming so you know you have time to adapt.” "But in Cristiano's case, when he crosses the halfway line, you have to be on high alert. He can launch the missile at any time and you won't even realize when it's crossed the net. It tests your reflexes to the limit. So I did not want to face Cristiano."

Ronaldo scored in nearly every match against Neuer. Often braces and even one hattrick! No wonder he fears Ronaldo so much :unsure:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

In ITV's Cristiano Ronaldo Meets Piers Morgan (h/t MailOnline's Daniel Davis), the 34-year-old said he wants to pull out on his own before the end of his career:

"The most golden balls in the history of football. I will love it, and I think I deserve it. Messi is a fantastic guy and a fantastic player, but I think after I have six, or seven, or eight then I'll be more above him.

poorly aged things
If Ronaldo would have stayed in Madrid, he would have at least 2 more ballon dors and probably also 2 more cls. Its his fault he doesnt have them now.

Home of Barca Fans