Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Maradona37

I have said it a few times, but I am not really comfortable with the celebrity worship in society. We all know Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc are great players, we know that some people are brilliant actors and singers, but people really shouldn't be revered for possessing a skill in life that makes them very famous and recognisable.

I mean some people think celebrities are above humanity (I don't mean anyone on here). It is a kinda scary attitude. Messi is just a regular guy who happens to be arguably the greatest footballer of all time. The thing is though that football is an extremely sought after commodity in this world, and one of the biggest areas of entertainment on the planet. There's probably tiddlywinks players at Messi's level of skill in their field, but nobody cares. There are doctors and surgeons who have Messi's level of skill in their field, and they actually save lives, yet they don't receive this fanfare.

I guess it's the old adage - medicine keeps us alive, and entertainment makes us want to stay alive. Hence, the adulation over famous entertainers as opposed to people who save lives. I am definitely not comfortable with the way the likes of Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are treated as superstars though just because they're good at kicking a ball. Though I guess I am a hypocrite as I still love and follow football despite that.

soul24rage

The GOAT blowing candles with the national team's chefs who also have the same birthday.

Shows the family vibe the team has and that everyone is important.

GQ4gQrtWwAAg-5L

Home of Barca Fans